1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Disk change cost ?

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by tangojoker, Feb 1, 2013.

1. tangojoker

tangojoker

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I took my car for service today. the third free service had expired. i am told that my brake disks need to be replaced. The quote is 7000/- including labour. does it sound reasonable ?

Cheers
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Only the rotors or along with the brake pads they are charging 7k?? Thumb rule : When you change brake discs one has to change the brake pads too_Only rotors for 7k sound too much.Please check in another TASS.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. tangojoker

tangojoker

Bangalore
    Thanks. I checked with another TASS. price mentioned was for both sides.
    On further questioning, was told it is a small scratch. I have said no to the replacement for now.

Cheers
  5. Disc rotors are for 2200 (set of 2)....disc pads for 3080/- labour - no clue
  6. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    check this post. It says brake disc set is 2k and brake pad set 2.5k and labour 850.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    T-jet has bigger rotors than the NA Linea. They are expensive - I got rotors and pads changed under warranty with in 2 months of purchase. Rotors cost 2.5k each - so thats 5k plus for the front pair (no idea for the rear ones). NA Linea / Punto rotors cost less than 1k each. Even the pads are close to 5k for the pair from what I remember.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    As far as I am aware of, the rotors and calipers of tjet is same as palio adventure. So expect this to be costlier

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  9. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    @ tangojoker

recently changed my discs and brake pads.bill attached. 20130127_184606.jpg 20130127_184907.jpg 20130127_184930.jpg 20130127_111216.jpg
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @varun

Dude Bardahl Oil supplement and Bardahl diesel combustion improver and similar products are just a waste.It's a marketing gimmick.Please do not use such additives in future.TATA is milking customers in such ways that it's easy to fall prey to their sweet talks.Avoid it in future!Such products do no good.