1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Brake Booster Sensor

Discussion in 'Technical' started by bures, Jul 10, 2015.

1. bures

bures Timido

Suffolk
    Punto Evo 1.4
    No response from my Twitter appeal
    I have now purchased a Haynes Workshop Manual here in the UK. It does show this Brake Pressure Sensor in the electrical circuit diagram BUT no mention whatsoever in the text
    OH well that was £21 Sterling spent for nothing
    Visited my local Fiat dealer yesterday in the UK and they flatly refused to tell me where this part was located on the vehicle
    They obviously knew, because if I booked in the vehicle they could change the part
    Rogues !!
  2. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @bures

Were you able to locate the brake booster? If yes then follow the path of a small hose connected to the booster which will be connected to the sensor.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 18, 2015 ---
    moreover if you have a abs module then look out for the small pipe from the module itself
  3. bures

bures Timido

Suffolk
    Punto Evo 1.4
    No, there was no point as they wouldn`t tell me where it was located
    it was £74 Sterling to purchase, but I have seen Bosch equivalents for £40 Sterling
    I can see nothing on the bulkhead engine side where the master cylinder is located
    near to the battery, the bulkhead side is an aluminium block with various brake pipes attached
    No sensor on that either - would that be the abs block ?

Can you upload a photo or a hand written diagram/sketch for me, so I know where to look
    Appreciate you help
  4. bures

bures Timido

Suffolk
    Punto Evo 1.4
    SOLVED
    Situated on bulkhead directly behind right side of engine block
    I ignored this part earlier in my search, as it bore no resemblance to the spares for sale on the net
    But its certainly the brake pressure sensor, presumably different manufacturers

item now closed, thanks to everyone for their help
    varunrtr likes this.