1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bose car audio

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by HarishSegar, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i have listened to BOSE car audio when i was in US. i was not much impressed.
    not necessary if a company is pioneer in making home audio are pioneers in car audio too.

Sony makes one of the best home audio systems and one of the worst car entertainment systems. the speakers, amps the HU all are pathetic.
    listen to them first before plunging into them.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Harish,

I came across an interesting write-up about Bose audio products on the net. I think that you must read it before investing in Bose.

The link is http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

I was quite surprised when I read it. Reminded me about the time when I auditioned the Bose AM3s, and finally picked the more expensive JBLs - my decision was totally based on what my ears heard.

Regards

Johnny
  3. arjun

arjun

hyd
    i got a bose 8 speaker system installed in my punto.the 8 speaker set was of a hummer h2 vehicles which was put up for sale on ebay.it costed me 200$.
    it sure gives out crystal clear clarity and with it amazing detail.if we can further upgrade the hu and add an amp then the audio experience would definitely be top notch
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    post some pics then. bose in a fiat. wow.
  5. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    I have been digging up a lot on BOSE. Doesnt look feasible unless i am willing to spend lot of money. Really lot :)
    There are other systems which offer quality at par and at fraction of the cost. Think will settle for them. JBL mostly.
    Anyway, right now all my expense plans are on hold due to some other commitment.
  6. arjun

arjun

hyd
    hey sorry for the late reply was busy with work.nywyas 2 front and 2 rear speakers and are in the door pads like the factory setup.ditto for the two tweeters as they are in the provision for tweeters on the front door pads.the remaining two are on the parcel shelf.can take pics of those two and post if you want.for the rest ,need to remove the door pads and and also the speakers from its place as the bose label would be on the rear side of the speaker
  7. arjun

arjun

hyd
    beg to differ provided you got emotion pack.u get a real high quality speaker set for sale on ebay for around 200$.if u dont intend to change the head unit then the speaker set would give out amazing sound with surround effect and high detail with the existing setup.if you change the head unit then maybe you can beat the speakers with different setups
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Haresh, since u have Tjet plus with 4 speakers already... Simply add 2 more to the set and that would do the magic... You would find a great difference which less cost to your wallet...

Go for JBL and its pretty decent.. What you cud do is add buy an AMP which would be connected to your HU using a Blaupunkt cable for which there is a provision in your HU... and add in the 2 speakers to the amp and later on if u need a sub u can very well add that as well to the amp... the output is decent.. In this way you retain your existing stock setup plus you get a great output after adding the 2 new speakers...
    This is what ive done to my car and am enjoying every bit of it:)