1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bose car audio

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by HarishSegar, Jan 18, 2011.

1. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    I know Bose doesnt make aftermarket audio systems for the cars. However, they do make one for boats. ::OO

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/sho ... /index.jsp

The rms matches blaupunkt HU and speakers size does too. I am planning to get a pair and experiment. Open for your views and any feedback if someone has tried it already.
  2. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Its 8 inches...oversize. Not sure can be accomodated. But i think for that much money its better to go for some good brand car specific speakers...
  3. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
  4. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    They have a full kit for Fiat 500 but that is direct factory fitment. They do not retail it.
    The boat one looked interesting as it is just speakers. A bit pricey, yes, but audio clarity would be good. Also, i can retain the HU.

Let me dig this further and see if it is feasible. Meanwhile, any opinion / feedback is welcome.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @HarishSegar
    Why don't u have a word with Fiat dealer in your area if he can order the Bose speakers used in Fiat 500 for you.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Just wondering why Bose?
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Harish Segar,

These speakers come with a 'ported enclosure'. The grill dia is 8" and the port is 12" long. I doubt that it will fit into the Linea door.

Johnny
  8. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Why Bose? - I have one at home and i just love the audio clarity. If i can get one into the car, why not.

Checking with dealer - I will do this but i do not think it will help in any way.

Size: There is going to be a bit of mod work. there are two options of mounting - 5.5" dia without grill and 8" dia with grill. 8" is required if there is no way to mount it from behind and the entire unit has to pass through the circular hole. I need to see if there is a way to move it into position without drilling an 8" hole. Have to investigate this further.

Then again, I might end up putting them in the rear rather than in the doors.
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Harish,

Putting them in the rear would be a viable option.

While Bose speakers are good, there are other brands which are as good if not better. It will be worth doing a survey of the local market. Rainbow, Focals, & MTX are very good car audio brands. You should audition them before taking a decision.

In 1997 I was in Thailand, and I was considering Bose AM3 speakers(AM5s had not yet come in). When I went to the showroom the salesman also showed me a JBL 2.2 speaker set which was slightly more expensive. After auditioning both, I finally bought the JBLs - I still have them, and have not regretted my decision.

Regards

Johnny
  10. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    To me bose makes sense only if you go for a complete upgrade along with the HU (why compromise on that?). Im not sure if stock HU would bring out the known Bose potential. Or go along wth an external DSP.