1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Boot door and bumper dents n repaint: Repair done at Trend Automobile

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by zenwalker, May 17, 2014.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I guess we can claim insurance for repairs at Sai, isnt it? not with trend i guess.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Shams,
    Yes Sai has a tie up and this is probably due to Sai guys guy all high-end cars like Audi, BMW, Skodas, etc. and they do some times full body painting and more. So obviously a high price bills gets generated ;)
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  3. ani1900s

ani1900s Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Zen, usually FIAT SC will remove that entire part and will repaint it post denting work & surprisingly U will at times still see the difference in shade as ur other body parts are used & colour might have slightly faded (depends on how old the car is) when compared to a newly coloured body part.
    Repair & repainting might take 4-5 days at SC, ofcourse varying from SC to SC & intensity of dent.
    Anyway, for your & everyone's reference, I have attached an image that I took when I visited FIAT SC when it was tied up with TATA i.e. last November and the price list might have been changed now.
    Note: A+, A, etc are the city that are been categorized and priced accordingly; so a denting & repainting work in different city might be charged differently..... Repainting.jpg
    5 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,

I got the car back 2 days ago and i was bit busy to post it up.

Work done on the car is amazing. Though its not 101% perfect from every angle but its pretty good. As promised by Trend guys, they did the job in 2.5 days and they themselves called me than me following it up. The guys @Trend are pretty nice hard working brothers (3), you can take a look at the TBHP thread for their garage pics.
    Mr. Anish said they are extending their work area to next door as well and the work is in progress due to which one would see a bit of congestion.
    One thing i can say at the moment is, these guys are really doing good to improve their business at affordable cost/customer benefits.

Personally the paint work done is top notch and i could not see even a tiny bit of difference between old n newly painted area. From the touch of the panel as well (both) its not glaring that both differs.
    Total cost as already said was 6.5k. I would highly recommend Trend guys. Another happy customer from them :dance

Have taken pics in daylight and in dark with and without flash to give you better visibility. Hope it justifies.
    DSC04892.jpg DSC04894.jpg DSC04895.jpg DSC04897.jpg DSC04898.jpg DSC04900.jpg DSC04901.jpg
    9 people like this.
  5. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    From the Pics looks like very neatly done work. Good to know that you got the vehicle back in the right time as promised.:up

One doubt, did they have to remove the Punto badge for fixing the dent? If yes, how was it stuck back?

On a closer look I see some bubbles near the Punto badge on the second last photo, hope these are water droplets.
  6. ani1900s

ani1900s Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They definitely must have removed the Punto badge as this dent would have been removed by hammering from inside, etc. But even I would like to know with which adhesive did they or should they stick the Punto badge back?

Work done is pretty good, with competition increasing now, every professional service company is providing with best of their services. Even 3M has come into this setup of having their centres & providing all the car services (little expensive but good work there too)
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes the badges were removed and fixed back after painting. It has to be done that way or else one cant cover them perfectly for painting to not get painted. I did not asked how they fixed back. Perhaps experts here can clarify us about it.

The water droplets you are talking about is the rain which drizzled a bit before taking pics.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good work done there. Its back in stock condition! :up
  9. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    colour mismatch

got my rear door and door handles painted at trend .The colour matching is quite bad

image(2).jpg

image(3).jpg

image.jpg
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Manu,

1. As far as i can see the door handles r darker than the rest area.
    2. Read door is darker than front door.
    3. Could u plz take pic in a bright sunlight n post again?
    4. Did u happen to talk to them about this? What did they say. They claim a 97% match.

This is my observations on darker colors, as the car ages the color on the body goes a bit dull or darker. So not sure if the same color code given by company would match it again.

Btw its bad to see a noticeable mismatch. Sorry about that. At TBHP, many guys have got it done and none of them had this mismatch problem even on darker colors.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014