1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Boot door and bumper dents n repaint: Repair done at Trend Automobile

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by zenwalker, May 17, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear All,

Today i visited Sai guys. Below are the quotes he gave away for me:

1. Bumper Removal - 300
    2. Bumper repair - 400
    3. Bumper paint (full, disagrees to do half like Trend guys says due to mismatch) : 3600
    4. Boot door removal : 350
    5. Boot door bottom Repair : 400
    6. Boot door paint : 4000
    7. Boot door dent repair : 500

Total costs upto 10.5k.

1. He promised me a 100% paint match
    2. Needs max of 3 days work
    3. Promised on no compromise on quality of work done.

Rest observations are said below...

The Trend guys have quoted me 7k as said above. Most of the item listed above matches with Trend quote w.r.t cost except the paint which is double of Trend.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Thank you, personally i do not know who is the best painter among Trend vs Sai. But one thing i can say here is based on my observations:

1. Sai has good infrastructure for repairs and paint booth which is better than Trend guys
    2. I saw 2 BMW's, 1 Audi, 2 Skoda, 3 Lineas, 2 Swifts, wagon R, etc. vehicle getting repaired (repainted too), i do not know if the fame or name of the Sai which made the owners of these costly cars to trust the Sai or it his professional work, but i am sure those owners r not that dumb enough to fall for the fame if the work done is not good.
    3. The chart displayed about the paint cost based on category of cars with category of paint (Regular, premium, etc.) shows their unfair business to any customers.
    4. May i sound lame to many with this point, but he added 12.5% tax on each part and mandates with bill delivery of any job done. This may not be a biggie for many people, but a tax payed would help out our govt yet does a fair business to all. The trend guys doesnt do this.
    5. The incharge there took atleast 20 mins of his time showing me about the place, explaining me pretty much about the work needs to be done and he even showed few lineas which are getting repaired and painted in the paint booth. Also justified about the increase in the price of all the work done. The conversation he had with me looks very fair business person reaction with answering all the questions i had also though they have alot of high end cars coming in, he did not show any arrogance in negotiating with the price. He even promised me that he would try to squeeze as much rates as possible after work done.

Investigating TeamBHP threads about both the threads on these guys (Trend vs Sai) there are good reviews all over with 2-3 exceptions. So again confused. Atleast from the price point i or any one would stick to Trend. But????

Please do note, i am not biased either with Trend nor Sai. Above points are based on the interaction of first ever time visiting them and having conversation and observations on them for like 30-40 mins without prior knowledge about them personally except from Forums like TFI and Tbhp.
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    color matching , finish from trend is quite bad. Go to them only for small jobs .If your car needs whole panel/large area avoid trend.
  3. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    To be frank, I have had no experience with both of these.
    However, if I had been give a choice, I would try to negotiate with sai on the price.
    Have both of them given similar warranty on the job (i.e. no peeling off etc).?
    Also one more thing to consider would be since, sai is close to you place of stay, would be easier to monitor progress and also future work could be taken up on mutual benefits.
    Only main thing to consider would be the quality of the work done, which, either experience people on the forum/experts could suggest.
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you for the reply.

No offense, but could you please give some references where majority of peeps having issues with Trend, the reason being that the whole thread at TBHP forum seems to have good experience with them with minor (around 5 ) folks as exceptions.
    In my case, the whole boot door has to be repainted. He said he would repaint half of bumper but as you said it may look bad, so i would ask him to do full if required.

- - - Merged Post - - -

As said above, Sai had given the best quote possible after requesting him a much and also mentioning TBHP ;).
    Sai guy said or rather explained in detail that he had to completely redo the paint on both the parts as doing partly dosnt work also painting that part will def chip off or bubble up after some time. Also to match it perfectly he would recommend to get it done full part.
    He promised a 100% match with good quality work.

On the other hand, Trend guys did not recomment on path work with paint stating it would come off and offered me a 97% paint match.

Certainly i can not negotiate with Sai to the amount Trend has given. Perhaps i assume he would waive off 200-300 INR more tops.
  5. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    I had got my car's rear door, both bumpers and running boards painted from them ,.
    My car is red in color , although the denting and bumper repair were done well .
    The color is not matching at all , it is 2 shades darker and dull.
    Also they took a lot of time and whole car was filled with dust inside out.
    There was minor over spray on the alloys as well, i doubt if they use quality paint or not.
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Manu , can you please post pictures , preferably taken in daylight, so that folks can make out the difference.

There was a minor difference in shade even for me - see the pics on tbhp - but that's due to paint ageing and the fact that my car is 4.5 yrs old. Overall I was quite happy with the work by Trend. A couple of my friends I showed my car were also impressed with their work.

Did you raise your concerns with them after being dissatisfied ?
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  7. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    i will try to post pics over the weekend , never got the time to revisit them
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Himself claim a 95-97% match with the existing paint. Also never ever go for a spot paint, though Trend tries to advocate it for their customers keeping in mind the customer benefit on price but it wont work. Always the entire panel should be repainted. Never half and half.

Btw, after long night thinking and reading various threads and posts here and at TBHP, and based on the recent posts done by the customers who got the job done at these places, i chose Trend guys. So today morning left my car there and i happen to see alot of cars in queue and these 3 brothers themselves work hard on these cars than some workers (ofcourse other works are present too). To me it seem that they are improving the quality work lately.

Keeping fingers crossed and ill be getting my car on Thursday. Total cost is 7k. He promised me a good quality work done. Hope all goes well.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I missed your thread, else I would have suggested to use Insurance and get it done from service center.
    I don't think you can save 7K on insurance NCB.

However, since you had given to Trend, lets hope they do good work. Do update us, with pics, how they do the work.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you for the reply Ravi.

I discussed the insurance part with the people. The point here is that due to depreciation rate and due to a plastic part being damaged (bumper) so ~2k i have to spend from my pocket and thus loosing NCB of 20% on new car. So if i have to shell out 2k (approximately) with 20% NCB loss for 7k, i did not think it was wise enough to go ahead plus i was not suggested to do that either. However many folks suggested me that if total cost was above 10-15K then insurance was wise enough. Which i thought was correct to the best of my knowledge though i am not an expert on insurance.
    Besides as the Sai guys claim the quote for 10K, i was sure that even FASS would claim some where near by.

Also the Bajaj alliance guys do suggest to claim insurance when damage and repair cost exceeds the difference between next premium and current one by min of 3-5k. Plus insurance claims makes the car stranded for almost a week or so.
    So considering all these pros n cons, i thought since Trend guys are doing for a good nominal fee, i would go with out insurance.

Certainly i shall update details with the pics.
    Thanks
    1 person likes this.