1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Boot door and bumper dents n repaint: Repair done at Trend Automobile

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by zenwalker, May 17, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,

From my last thread reported on the accident incident, http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/12162-banged-back-dent-n-scratches-boot.html today i went to get more details about fixing the dents and repaiting it from an outside garage i.e Trend Automobile.

I got the below quote:
    Boot door Repair : 700
    Boot door painting: 2600
    Rear bumper repair due to internal damage: 700 (will know once its opened)
    Rear Bumper spot paint (not full bumper painting): 1600

He promised a 2 day job with 97% paint match. He even noticed the paint is pearl white and it involves more than 8 colors mix, so a tough job to match paint.
    So the total bill is around 6k.

I also inquired if a paintless dent removal can be done (not damaging paint), but unfortunately due to the nature of the damage (knife like cut), he said its not possible so a different dent removal has to be done which requires painting.

The shop guy also suggested me to not go or rather its not worth the effort to claim insurance for a small amount like this thus loosing all the benefits on insurance.

I have not yet checked with FASS, but i am sure the bill would be even more and the number of days they would require is more due to the work load they already have.

So what do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
    Zen :)

Work done by Trend Automobiles - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/exteriors...repair-fass-outside-help-3.html#post841904830
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I feel its a fair deal. If he is able to deliver it within 2 days, it would be great. If possible, get a trial patch for paint and make sure it matches to your satisfaction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    While i was there i observed few vehicles which he was doing and it looked pritty good. Also he claims 97% match which is pretty good. Besides at TBHP thread, there are alot of people get it done from him and have posted pics which looks really nice.
    What concerns me is to get it done @FASS or local guy? Am i right in assuming that @FASS the cost will be more and delays too? :O
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I got my tailgate dent repaired and repainted at Trend , see my pics on tbhp. Overall I'm happy with their work.

I'm sure it will cost more at the FASS that's why I didn't visit FASS. Why don''t you take your car to FASS and get a quote from them ? Vecto motors will be close to Trend.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you for the reply. Do you think the cost provided above is justifiable by him?
    I thought of visting them but i was sure that it would cost more and ofcourse delay (knowing that Vecto guys are always overloaded) so i didnt.
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Cost looks reasonable, but get a quote from FASS. The main difference will be in the labor between FASS and any private garage. Painting costs between 2.5-3K at FASS, you need to get a quote from FASS for the exact rates.

Full bumper painting should cost around 2400/- , so how much is he painting for 1600/- ? Is it half the bumper ? It might make sense to paint the full bumper if the difference isn't large.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm...This guy has not mentioned any thing on the labor charge, but i am sure he has included in the items listed above. Half bumper he said. Lemme check again. I am sure painting full bumper will be 2k+ and looking at the correct state of the paint on bumper, almost 70% is scratch or damage free. So doesnt make sense in repainting it full since he has promised me of 97% match.
  8. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for your reply, ill hit them this evening and see what quote they have to give plus they are near by to my home.
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  10. animeshkumar15

animeshkumar15 Timido

BLR
    In my personal opinion Dinesh(Trend) is one of the best painters available in Blr.
    1 person likes this.