1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booking a New Fiat Punto Diesel Emotion Pack - Advise Required

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Srini, Sep 18, 2011.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    How about removing the 90HP badge ... hehehe .... :mrgreen:
  2. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    welcome. The ACC of my 75 bhp e pack is a chiller, dont go by he test drive vehicle. I chose the 75 bhp because my driving is 80 % city. I found no difference between the 75 and 90 in city driving , but if u travel a lot on the higway go for the 90 bhp e pack, not that the75 bhp e pack is bad on the highway.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You will never repent on buying the Punto, But will surely regret if you dont, every time you see Punto zipping around you,
  4. In simple word my friend.... GO FOR IT. U will never regret your decision. It is the most fun to drive vehicle
  5. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    hey srini,
    congrats for choosing punto,go for 90hp,it got added advantage of better mileage than 75BHP.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Srini, my pick would also be 90HP. Its worth paying the extra money if you can afford it.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks all you folks for your advise. For sure I will heed to your advices.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    so you are going for 90HP or any other car. Let us know.

If 90hp then which color.
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I have decided to go for 90 BHP - BNW.

Let me start with my (unique to Fiat??) experience with VST Motors Chennai

My friends wanted to test drive the vehicle - talked big to them regarding FIAT - the sales girl promised one which never came after a week. Went with my family for selection of Color to the VST yard in Poonthamalli some 25 KMS from my house in scorching heat and made to wait for the sales person for 10 minutes. Finally closed in on BNW and TW. Completed the loan formalities with the Bank and got it approved.

Today morning asked the Sales person for the VIN number or tell me the month of manufacture. After several (I counted the number of calls to 7) the sales person informed that the month manufactured is April-11. I initially have informed the sales girl that I will not take anything older than 2 months. The Sales person informed that the company will not order a new vehicle if the same variant / color is available in the yard. Asked me to select another color if I want for which I brutally refused. Called the sales manager and gave my piece of mind who promised to get back but never did. Got a call from another senior guy who tried to convince me to go for the car indicating that nothing has changed between April and now which I refused. Now come the interesting part - he offered me discounts and I demanded 50 K INR while laughing. He told that he will come back to me before tomorrow.

Another Twist to the tale

Contacted Sridhar - (Srida - Fellow TFI member whom i messaged privately and got the number yesterday) - chatted for a while about the car and told him my experiences. He as well has seen the same car and during PDI found a lot of scratches and the machine not upto the mark. Advised me not to go for it which I accepted gleefully. Sridhar also exchanged the horrors he underwent when he used VST - Anna Nagar. Thanks Sridhar for your timely help.

Contacted Concorde Motors and checked the quote and other details. They have a BNW available - made in July'11. Would call on them tomorrow and post the updates.

Same as yours Kedar. Might want to go your way as well to get the vector file for Abarth.

Mods Note - I copied this post to VST Review in Dealership section - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1151-VST-motors-annnanagar-Chennai
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :p yeah one more BNW 90HP.

Congratulations srini great choice buddy. Do upload the pics.