1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booking a New Fiat Punto Diesel Emotion Pack - Advise Required

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Srini, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Friends,

I am planning to book a Fiat Punto Diesel Emotion Pack in VST Motors Chennai during the week. Couple of questions I have,

How is the performance of Auto Aircon. Heard about a lot of challenges and retrofit done by ASS. Should I insist on a Retro-fit during delivery itself. Advise Please

Secondly, what speakers i should use to replace the original ones so that the sound quality improves.

Will post my experience & pictures once i get my hand on the Italian beauty

Thanks in advance

Srini
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Srini, welcome to TFI. I am moving your thread from contacts to Introduction sub-forum.

Well, AC upgrade was for petrol FIATs manufactured before October 2010. Your car won't need AC upgrade.

Speaker change depends upon budget and taste. Whats your budget? Do you want to install an amp or just want speaker change?

I have JBL component speakers in front (Rs4500) and JVC 4-way Co-axial speakers in rear doors (Rs2500).
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks PS for moving the thread and advise. Will be more careful while posting subsequently.

My budget for speakers are sub 10K and regarding my question on AC; I test drove one MJD 90 HP this week and the results were horrible. Even in the evenings we felt that the AC is not cooling at all.

Thanks
  4. dont hesitate buddy......just go or it........u would never regret it......i was skeptical too but now am not a bit..........all the best
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Srini, the lesser said about a Test Drive vehicle, the better. Nobody "tests it like he owns it". Everybody just throws it here and there. :)

With a sub 10k budget, go for speaker upgrade first. It will do wonders. If possible, do damping of the front two doors as well.

By the way, Emotion Pack 75hp or the almighty 90hp?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Will do. Planning to go for 75 HP. I test drove a 75 and 90 and my wife was scared with the way i picked up the 90. It simply zoomed. Hence the restriction.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    90hp would be my pick, those 15 horses are definitely required for highways. Also within the city it shouldn't matter a lot. Go for the 90HP if you can afford it.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  8. maverick

maverick Amatore

Hey Srini, go for the 90BHP one, I also made the mistake of taking the 76BHP one and now I am regretting it. The ACC is really good, don't rely on the test drive vehicle as they dont really take care of it.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

If it is only your wife's fear what prevents you from going for 90 HP, convince her and go for 90 HP - having more is never a problem, you can drive sedately on your daily drives and your an call up on the extra horses when you need them.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Srini great decision ;-)

Regarding ACC of Punto EP it is the chiller is simple words. I owned Punto 1.2 Emotion and Yes in Petrol cars of FIAT they had some problem in (Before) OCT 2010 cars & they came up with Retro Kit upgrade. Now I own 90HP and it far better than my Petrol Punto....

If possible go for 90HP Punto it is the best car in its segment. Convince your wife for 90HP.