1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booking a GP MJD 90HP BNW - Need HELP from TFI members - Now Booked

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by AerialsInTheSky, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,

Though I am new to TFI, am not at all new to the beloved GP at all. Have dreamed of owning a GP since its launch and the dream is close to getting true in October.

Here is more info:
    Completed the loan application process with two banks, HDFC and ICICI. Will know what they have to offer on Wednesday. Once I get to see both the deals I will go with the best one and book the car. Will be booking the car next week at Urs Car, Mysore. I am based out of Mysore and live in Bangalore. The reason am booking it in Mysore is that my uncle (Maama) is at an executive position at the showroom and i will definitely get brownie points for it. I have zeroed in on a GP MJD 90HP BNW. I was actually waiting since July for the GP EVO, but I couldn't manage to wait anymore.

Here are a few points where any help will be much appreciated:
    1.Door Sill Plates - The cost?
    2.Metal pedals - The cost?
    3.Abarth stickers: I have seen that "KedarBendre" has got the vector file. Kedar bhai, could you please share it with me?
    Abarth badges for the Bonnet and the Boot: I have seen that "SumitBahl" has sourced them from outside India. SumitBahl, can you let me know the website and the price that you paid for these including shipping.
    4.Rear spoiler - The cost and what's with the Carbon fibre covering?
    5.Personalized Floor mats anyone?
    6.Headlights: I have seen what "phew" has got on his car. However, I do not have a budget as big as a used palio :) so would settle down for a less expensive pair of projector headlamps. It would be great if anyone could enlighten me on what is what of headlamps.
    7.Taillights: Is it possible for us to source Punto Evo Taillights and would they fit in as plug and play. If yes, what would be its cost?
    8.Personalized mudflaps anyone?
    9.I know that changing the HU will render steering mounted controls and Blue-and-Me unusable. Just wanted to check whether someone has changed the HU on the GP Emotion PK and still has Blue&Me and the steering mounted controls working.
    10.One person in the forum has got wooden finishes for the central console, ac vents and the power window buttons for a Linea. Is something similar available for a GP? If yes, where can I source it from and what would it cost?

PS: I know that I have posted a lot of questions in one go, but I intended to post all these things in one thread so that someone who comes in next has all the resources in one place.
    Mods: please feel free to change the location of this post of I have not put it in the right section.

Advance Thanks and Best Regards,
    AerialsInTheSky
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratz Ariel, on your beauty.

Though I am not the right guy to answer all question, let me tell you what I know:

The SIL plates cost 390 rs.

OEM metal(sporty)pedals are really costly - they cost about 10K. You should be able to get much much better deals from outside.
    Headlights - there is another TFI member who have got projectors for 7K. (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...o-finally-gets-projectors&highlight=projector)

As far as I remember, the wooden console stickers were from Autographix - check with them.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    1.Door Sill Plates - The cost?
    Rs 400

2.Metal pedals - The cost?

Rs 9950

3.Abarth stickers: I have seen that "KedarBendre" has got the vector file. Kedar bhai, could you please share it with me?

Check post # 308. I have uploaded the links for all vector files. You can search more files there

Abarth badges for the Bonnet and the Boot: I have seen that "SumitBahl" has sourced them from outside India. SumitBahl, can you let me know the website and the price that you paid for these including shipping.

You can use this vector file, Vighnesh and me used the same file. Bit cost effective. Total cost Rs. 100 only for both badges (Front and Rear)

4.Rear spoiler - The cost and what's with the Carbon fibre covering?
    Spoiler which I have on my car. Rs. 2250 Carbon Fiber Vinyl Rs. 200 (Still have with me after usage)

5.Personalized Floor mats anyone?
    Go for Kagu 3D Mats. Cost Rs. 4800. Shop at HotTracks Accessories, for address Banglore Member will help you.

6.Headlights: I have seen what "phew" has got on his car. However, I do not have a budget as big as a used palio so would settle down for a less expensive pair of projector headlamps. It would be great if anyone could enlighten me on what is what of headlamps.

Checkout Vighneshs car. He has projector like lights and Angel eyes on his Punto. He is from Chennai. Total Cost Rs. 7000.

7.Taillights: Is it possible for us to source Punto Evo Taillights and would they fit in as plug and play. If yes, what would be its cost?
    If you are able source them please let me know. Those taillights are bit costly. Try to source Abarth Accessories from Germany rather than UK. In Germany you will get it in cheaper rate than the UK

8.Personalized mudflaps anyone?

Do not try any other option You will spoil look of Punto, use OEM Mudflaps.

9.I know that changing the HU will render steering mounted controls and Blue-and-Me unusable. Just wanted to check whether someone has changed the HU on the GP Emotion PK and still has Blue&Me and the steering mounted controls working.
    10.One person in the forum has got wooden finishes for the central console, ac vents and the power window buttons for a Linea. Is something similar available for a GP? If yes, where can I source it from and what would it cost?

Check out Anandlnts thread in modification section.

I think I answered each and every question. If you have any doubt please feel free to contact me. :cool:
    Dhileepan Karthi likes this.
  4. Thanks a lot Kedar and Anoop. Looking forward for more replies from fellow TFIians. :anyone ??
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    AerialsInTheSky check my post again. I added a link for the Anandlnts ICE Setup.

I forgot to update one more thing. Dont use Wooden Graphic for your Punto. IMO it does not suits to Punto. Source something different. You can ask to any Autographics dealer for the alternate material.
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  7. these are similar to those kagu 3d mats. nothing different.
    except the brand and might be the quality.

guys found a weird problem with these mats.
    when you try to clean the mats and try to remove them, the stones or dust seems to settle on the carpet.
    this is making my job a lil tougher. cleaning the carpet all the time with a vacuum cleaner.
  8. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    You can use Osram night braker plus for just Rs.950/- you have to just fit it. No warranty problem since it's watage is of the stock bulbs 55/60.You will get at least 50 % white light than stock one.No need for the projector lights.
    ddepak
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.