1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked White Angel- 1.3 Emotion in Puducherry

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Aadikesh, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hi Guys,

My first post in this forum.

I booked Punto before 2 weeks that time i able to reach LineaLover, Ramjn and Teky of this forum. They shared many tips to negotiate the Price. Initially i thought i can negotiate by myself, once they came to the picture they gave me lot of tips to negotiate. Really I would to thank everyone.

Last Saturday dealer called me for PDI. I took our Forum PDI check list and I have done a PDI on the same day. It went for almost 3hours and 30 minutes. Everyone got surprised that none of their customer never did PDI for such a detail manner. And they asked about the PDI list, I proudly told them that I got it from FIAT forum. :)

During PDI i found 20 defects. In that most of them are related to mild scratches under the hood and few are interiors. Major things i noticed are

1. Stepney is old one i.e June2011 make(2411) :-?
    2. Seat Height adjuster got struck(While Pushing down i did by manually but didn't come up automatically):oops:

I asked them to fix all the 20 defects before get delivery. They agreed it.

Guys, I need your help to know that issue 1 is normal one or not and Issue 2 is fixable one or not.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hello, Congrats on your new car.

The seat does not come up automatically. The Height adjustment lever works in two directions. Pumping down from original positions will take the seat down and pumping upwards (Pulling action) from original position brings it back up.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Both of your issues are minor.
    For seat adjusting lever, tell them to replace it with new one.
  4. Aadikesh ,
    Congrats on your booking .

Ask them to give you a latest manufactured spare tyre . It should be possible

This is normal . No issues here
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Hey Aadikesh, welcome to TFI. And Congrats on booking the car. As Ravi pointed out, both are minor issues.
  6. Vj_v1: Yeah I agree. What i noticed in that car is "Once i pumped down from original position will take the seat up and the lever is not coming back to the original position". I have to pump up to the original position . . Is it correct manner of seat height adjustment?

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Thanks Ravi Ji, I will check with my dealer and back to forum

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Thanks Cuty Red. I will check with dealer.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Double Thanks to you Ramesh. . . . . . .
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats for your car Aadikesh :)
  8. Thank you very much Rishikesh. I am very much proud to become part of FIAT family . . . .
    1 person likes this.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations & Welcome to the Home of Fiats !!!

Do start your ownership review once you get the delivery.
  10. Definetly I will post my ownership review on next month . . . . . By the way Thank you so much . . . .