1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked the T-Jet Emotion in New Pearl White! \m/

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhisheksil, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Had you done, the calibration check, you sure would have been in for a surprise!

I was exactly in your same situation, just a week back, when I got delivery of a new Swift(P), which has a capacity of 42litres, as per the specification. On filling up the tank, got the bill for 44.85litres. The difference could be in filling up the tank way above the maximum indicated limit, say as in, when the auto fuel cutter cuts off, & you still allow the pump guy to fill it upto the maximum visible level, you sure are to exceed the specified fuel capacity of your tank.

This happens with most of the newly delivered cars, as they have hardly 3-4 liters of fuel in them.

So it's not that the Fuel Station guys have deceived you. And please don't demand an explanation, as they might not be expert engineers to do calibration check. Go easy on them. :)

Trust me, these days, it's hard to get fuel of good quality. Mostly, it's adulterated. So, if that particular Fuel station is reputed to have better quality of fuel, without any adulteration, do fill it up there again!
    1 person likes this.
  2. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Thanks for your views on this situation. I have been doing some reading up on this and as you mention I also came across information about how you can still fill some more fuel past the auto cut-off and this did indeed happen in my case. As for my going back there is concerned I guess I won't be because it's anyway out of my usual routes but I guess your view does make me feel a bit positive about the experience and I thank you for sharing it. :)
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    You are welcome! :) And congratulations on your new acquisition of the BEAST!

Drive safe!
  4. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

I have a question for all the guys with the new 2013 Jets. Have any of you managed to fold the rear seats? The bottom comes up easily enough by pulling on the loop at the center of the seat but I am unable to find any button/loop to press/pull to release the back-rest. The only reason I want to do this is to get rid of the plastic cover on the seats without having to rip it apart. I have read the manual and it has been no help at all!
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats Abhishek for your Jet. Have a blast with drive and post more pics :).
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Does the new Jet have 3 headrests or only 2 headrests in the rear? If it has only 2 headrests, I am afraid you cannot fold the backrest down.

In any case, there should be two pull tabs right behind the rear seat headrests, on the rear parcel tray, which can be pulled up, which would release the backrest of the rear seat. My Jet is in Chennai, so cannot take a picture. I have tried to indicate in this picture from the net. The pull tab should be in the area circled in yellow. If it is not there, then you will not be able to fold the backrest down.

Fiat-Linea-T-jet-Seats.jpg

Hope this helps.

Rajan
  7. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Thanks Rajan, unfortunately the 2013 model only has 2 headrests and the irony is that I used to really appreciate FIAT for providing a headrest for the middle passenger in the Linea as cars in it's segment very rarely have one. :)

I have tried everything there is to try, I don't see any button/loop/latch etc. behind/under the headrests and I don't think the back-rest is movable! Assuming that is the case I wonder what sense it makes to have the seat-bottom foldable! :S

Perhaps someone with a 2013 model can shed some light on this.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
  9. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Naah bro @ Viny. I have tried everything possible and reached the conclusion that the seat-back in the 2013 model doesn't fold!
    1 person likes this.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Will try it on mine and update , but i did notice something yesterday when i was going through the specifications of the Classic which has been launched. All the classic models mention clearly a rear 60/40 folding seat - when i ran the T-Jet as part of the comparison as well nothing showed up - then i ran it will the other car models as well and even they dont have it listed - so basically as per the website only the now launched Classic series has those folding seats..... the website could ofcourse be wrong , not the first time i have noticed incorrect information there.