1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked the T-Jet Emotion in New Pearl White! \m/

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhisheksil, Aug 27, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulation on getting the jet home. Your DL is sufficient to hold as a pilot's licence.

As nkrishnap suggested, pls get the ribbons off ASAP. In my case I kept the ribbons for a couple of days and it rained resulting in dark stripes on the white bonnet. Had to force the dealer to get it removed.
    Norammly the car would have come up with aleast 5 ltrs of fuel as complimentary enough to take you to the nearest pump. If you have filled up 48 lts which mean a total of 53 ltrs going into jet tank:eek:. Did you seriously take the "Jet" thing and filled additionaly for the propulsion or what. Stay away from such pumps.

Leave aside the buying experience, enjoy the ride in the Jet. Drive safely and crunch many more happy (air) miles.:redcar
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I take the ribbons off within 5 minutes of leaving the showroom - i can as such take them off there and then but i dont becuase i dont wish to make the sales guys feel that their work on dressing up the car has not been appreciated. But advisable to get them off quickly , they are cheap colored ones and they can stain quite a bit.
  3. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Thanks bro! I am really feeling like a dunce for having been cheated so badly at the petrol pump. Since you are from Thane this is the pump on Ghodbunder Road just opposite the Vihang Inn signal on the service road. Can you suggest some other pump in Thane based on your experience? I stay near the TMC Office at Panchpakhadi.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Are you referring to the IOC petrol pump next to Tatvagyan Vidyapith? I am surprised coz that the only trusted petrol pump in Thane. If not in Mumbai, I refuel only at this bunk. There are other bunks but in the city near the 3 petrol pump area. The HP & BP pumps there are trustworthy.
  5. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Unfortunately yes that is the pump I'm referring to and yeah I have read about them being "trustworthy" on other forums too! Guess i'll be sticking to the pumps at the Teen Petrol Pump junction you mention, they are the nearest to my residence anyway.

The Bill:

Kailash_Service_Station_Thane.jpg

Got "serviced" indeed! :mad:
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This could have very well been a one off incident. Seeing that you have a new car, just took delivery and must be pretty excited, the pump attendant might have started pumping without resetting to zero. Typically, you might have been able to get in about 38 lts, before the auto cutoff. Now that you have the bill, you can go to the pump and demand an explanation as to how they managed to fit in 48 lts in a tank that has a capacity of 45 lts.

Do not let this take away the joy of the new Jet.

Rajan
  7. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Thanks @puchoo, @ghodlur & @nkrishnap for the heads up on removing the ribbons, had it not been for your suggestions I would have retained it for at least another day or two. I immediately went downstairs and removed them and though my car has been washed this morning, thankfully there were no stains from the ribbons.

While I was there I thought I'd take a quick drive to check the issue with that weird sound I have mentioned in my earlier posts and guess what, it was being caused by the damned ribbons! The sound has completely disappeared now, tested this over a couple of up and down runs on the highway and BOY DOES SHE FLY!

2 people like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Abhishek,

I guess in your case what must have happened was maybe a biker or a 4 wheeler must filled before you and the counter wasnt reset. The earlier readings got added to your bill. Thats sheer bad luck. Hope you are careful next time.
  9. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Thanks for the kind words Rajan and no I won't let anything take away from the joy of the new Jet! I would have let this episode go but since you suggested I do something about it I first tried calling Indian Oil's "Customer Service Cell" for Mumbai/Thane region and as expected no one picked up, they don't have an email address either.

I then decided to call up the pump in question and talk to their manager. The man says the manual says a certain figure but it is generally more than that and I can show you such instances in many cars! I tell him I would rather believe what the manual says to which he says you can come and do a calibration check at the pump anytime. I guess i'll just let this one go and make it a point not to go to that pump anymore. Just so everyone in Thane knows the pump is Kailash Service Station on Ghodbunder Road, have attached the bill a couple of posts up.

I forgot to mention earlier that I was asked to and I did check for 0 before they started filling, I definitely remember that.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  10. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Congratulations Abhishek for getting your white beauty. Good to know that our Jets have birthday on same day :). It looks majestic in white. White was also my first choice but then I switched over to Minimal Grey later. Do take good care of her and enjoy your Jet to the fullest. She does bring a smile on face when you drive. I usually talk a lot while driving and have fallen silent after getting Jet. My better half is wondering what went wrong :D. Wish you many happy miles and hope to see your Jet in person some fine day.