1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked the T-Jet Emotion in New Pearl White! \m/

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhisheksil, Aug 27, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The owner not reading the manual is very common and understandable. But the SA advising lock replacement??? Now, that takes the cake. One more reason not to go anywhere near FASS.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

@Aniket: Thanks bro, I'd love to meet up with fellow Fiatians whenever the next meet is organised.
    @Zenwalker: Thanks for the link, finally have something to kill time with while I wait for the delivery of the car!
    @Viny: LOL!
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you are serious about reading the manual before delivery of the car, might as well read the T-Jet manual. Shared here.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    My bad , did not read properly and jumped the gun!!

5. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

UPDATE:

Got her home guys! I had been promised delivery on the 12th and the dealer delivered! (no pun intended! :D)

The delivery experience was generally a good one, nothing to write home about. I was asked to get there by 5 PM and unfortunately it's been raining again since the last few days and 5 PM seemed more like 7 PM in terms of the light and god knows I HATE rains! So yeah not the ideal conditions for one of the best moments of your life. Anyway the lady who handled the sale of the vehicle right from the start and made my whole experience a nightmare isn't present at the showroom at all and the delivery was handled by a junior. Though honestly I can't say if this was a good thing or bad, I do love the fact that I didn't have to see her again but I was hoping that she would at least have the courtesy to own up to her failings and apologize for completely ruining my car buying experience! BAH I guess I live in a very idealistic world!

So I get there at 5 and the car is washed and ready for delivery with the mud-flaps, garlands, ribbons etc. fitted. I was quickly handed over all the documents and explained some of the features. A quick puja ceremony and a few snaps taken by the dealer and I was ready to zoom off! Drove straight to the nearest petrol pump and filled her up! (was able to fill 48 liters for those interested)

So to sum it all up I don't have a pilot's license yet, but I own a JET!

Minor issue:

A weird thing I noticed is a continuous "rain drops on a tin roof" kinda sound from the front windshield every time I went above 60 kmp/h! (it wasn't raining, I checked! :D) I will do some tests today and see if it's happening again. I assumed it could be the garland the dealer had put on the grille in front but removing it did not do anything as far as the sound is concerned. Now the only thing remaining is removing the red ribbons from the hood but I don't think something that light could have anything to do with the sound either. Any suggestions as to what it could be?

The Jet ready for delivery:

Linea_T-Jet_15.jpg

Couldn't take pictures because of the bad light and the rains, will post some at a later date. BTW that's an OB T-Jet in the background ready for delivery, sure looks like the Jets are the flavour of the season!

Cheers!
    Abhishek
    3 people like this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Tjet home. Enjoy many happy miles with the Tjet.

PS: Take the ribbons off as quickly as possible, it will do more damage than anything else causing fine scratches with the trapped dust.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats. Enjoy the Jet.

The fuel tank capacity is 45 lts. If the pump guy was somehow able to fit 48 lts in, I would not go back to that pump :D

Rajan
  8. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

I read that in the manual you shared Rajan and it's one of the reasons I mentioned the 48 liters figure. That said the manual also mentions a reserve of 7 liters, so my question is is the tank 45 + 7 reserve or 45 including 7 reserve?

I got my answer in the specs. section, says it's 45 including reserve. I guess it's bye bye to that petrol pump for me and I should welcome myself to Mera Bharat Mahaan! Jeez!
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No sir. 45 lts, includes the reserve capacity.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I second that and verify it as well - tank capacity is 45 , if you fill up at the time the low fuel indicator lights go on , then it means you have something between 5-7 liters available in the car , so maximum that can go in is 40.