1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked the T-Jet Emotion in New Pearl White! \m/

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhisheksil, Aug 27, 2013.

1. RDY

RDY Timido

Congratulations, should I say raining Tjets. Let me read the next one I will...:)
  2. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

FINALLY got a call from the sales lady at Balaji AutoWorld about the PDI, will be doing it today! Will post some pics and my experience, later in the day.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome,
    Owning a Tjet is also a Dream for me. Happy Jetting dude
  4. kimster

kimster Timido

Solan H.P.
    congratulations. waiting for pictures and your PDI experience.
  5. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Let me start off by saying that my experience with Balaji AutoWorld, since the time I have made the booking has been a bit of a downer but those details can wait for later as I don't want to dwell on that at this moment. As someone rightly said "You don't buy a FIAT! You EARN it!" The FIAT dealer is there to make sure of that! Jokes apart, I'm still hopeful the dealer will pull up their collective socks and deliver the vehicle on the 12th as they have now promised (was 9th earlier). With that out of the way let's get back to my Italian beauty!

PDI Experience:

Unfortunately even this didn't start on a happy note. Today morning I got a call from the sales lady I was interacting with about the car being washed and ready for PDI at their stockyard in Kalyan (It's about 18 odd kms. from Thane where I reside) I ask her for the address and the contact persons details. They sms me the address but nothing about who I'm supposed to meet there. Before leaving I call her again to confirm everything and ask for the contact details again. She tells me she'll sms it and again, doesn't. I leave anyway because I had informed them that I'd be there by 1:30, half-way there I check that she still hasn't sent me the sms and I stop by the road and call her again, a junior picks up and tells me "Sir your car is here! There's been a mis-understanding and your car arrived at the dealers sometime back." Imagine my frustration, I was told to go to Kalyan in the morning, I confirmed this with them before leaving, half-way there I call them up (mind you they didn't bother to call and inform me in spite of knowing that I was on my way to Kalyan) and they tell me this! Pathetic to say the least.

Anyway I get there and give the head of sales a piece of my mind and move on for the PDI. The car is parked in the sun, on a busy road and today was hot as hell for some reason! It's been driven from the stockyard to the dealers in the morning and they haven't even bothered washing it (as you guys will see) knowing very well that I was scheduled to do my PDI today, really says a lot about how things work at Balaji AutoWorld, Thane and also how much they really care about the customers first experience with the car! Yes there were a few deliveries scheduled today and maybe I'm being too hard on them but I expected better.

Enough of the negatives though, I just asked the guy who showed me to my car to at least park it on the other side of the road where there was a bit of shade so that I can go ahead with the inspection and not get fried while doing it. The PDI itself went very well since I was armed with my PDI checklist (thanks TFI).

Checked the interiors first, the glove box actually opened and shut fine! :D
    Panel gaps etc. on the inside all seemed fine.
    Mats weren't placed so the carpet was kinda dirty, was told that will be cleaned before delivery.
    Sliding the front seats back was an effort, usually it's butter smooth in cars. Perhaps someone can throw some light on that, I'm assuming it could be the plastic etc. that still on the seats jamming something.
    A/C worked fine and did a good job.
    I know it's already been said many times but the engine is eerily silent!
    ORVM adjustment worked fine, wipers and the water jet too. Pressed the horn too, just for fun! :D
    Oh well basically there wasn't anything to complain about.

Same story here, couldn't see any visible scratches or dents. Panel gaps seemed pretty even too.
    Checked the tyres and they had some of the small "ribs" on the sides though the ones on the surface in contact with the road have been obliterated, don't want to hack my brains over that though. I'm just happy about the fact that they are the Apollo Aceleres. In any case the speedo showed "H 33", so I'm not too concerned about how much the car has run. The 16" rims and the phat tyres really do give the car a mean look! The boot was fine, had all the shebang that's supposed to be there. The spare is a 195/65r15 if I'm not mistaken.

Engine Bay:

The first thing I noticed is the weight of the Hood! God it's HEAVY! This car is really built like a tank! Checked the engine/chassis no. and figured that it's AUG'13 manufactured so that's good! (thanks again TFI) Overall the engine bay was clean, as expected and airy. I didn't get into checking the various fluids as I'm really not a very technical person, will definitely ask for all relevant info before taking the delivery though, so I can keep tabs on everything.

Overall it felt really nice finally seeing it in the flesh, being able to touch and feel it! Now the wait will get even more killing!

Some pics below: (taken on my Note2)
    The speedo showing H 33.

The spare wheel.

The Apollo Acelere on the "Turbine" rims.

Engine Bay.

The heart of the beast! The one thing that makes this car special!

The badge that matters!

Vehicle Identification Number.

Can that smile get any wider?

From the side.

Front view.

From the other side.

Wish they'd have washed her! Grrrr!

An impressive behind! Don't you agree? ;)

7 people like this.
  6. navi_tjet

Congratulations Abhishek :).
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Thread Cleaned.

Please be more mature ( the ones whose posts were deleted).

Abhishek, heartiest congratulations buddy. :)
    3 people like this.
  8. Shijo Lawrance

Shijo Lawrance

Congrats, enjoy your drive with the Italian beauty.
  9. kimster

kimster Timido

Solan H.P.
    one question sir, how would you rate new pearl white colour in real world? say out of ten?

10. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

@kimster: Honestly I never in my life imagined I would ever buy a "white" colored car! I think my decision was mainly based on the fact that most of the dark colored Lineas I see on the road don't look too pretty with all the dust and scratches etc. on the surface being very evident. Don't mean to offend anyone but that's my opinion and since all the color options for Linea are dark besides the Minimal Grey I decided to go with the New Pearl White, which mind you has a rich feel to it compared to the usual "whites" because of the little sparkle it has when seen in sunlight. I feel lighter shades are also easier to maintain compared to darker ones which really require a lot of your time and effort to keep it looking good. Once the color was finalised I set about thinking of ideas for visual mods I would do once I got the vehicle and in retrospect I feel they all work best on the NPW shade!