1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked the T-Jet Emotion in New Pearl White! \m/

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhisheksil, Aug 27, 2013.

1. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Guys the re-alignment of the universe that I was waiting for, as mentioned in my Introduction thread has finally happened! Booked a New Pearl White T-Jet today, in fact I'm just back from the showroom (Balaji Autoworld, Thane) and no prizes for guessing where I'm posting the news first!

The purpose of this thread is to share the experience in brief and details the deal itself for fellow prospective buyers.

Why the Linea T-Jet:
    Let me start off by saying that the Linea itself, let alone the T-Jet, never featured in my shortlist at all! I guess this is true for most Non-FIAT'ers. Perhaps it's a combination of the relatively bad reputation the FIAT A.S.S. has garnered over the last few years (it's association with TATA etc.) or the lack of the experience of what it feels like to drive one (especially true for the T-Jet). Personally, if talking purely in terms of performance, I think it's the best BANG for BUCK car selling in India today. Now I'm no expert so my opinion is straight from the heart and based on what I felt while I was at the wheel during the TD! So there, that is my reason for choosing the T-Jet. All I can say to anyone who loves driving and is in the market for a sub-10 Lac car is to go and TD the Linea T-Jet and I'm pretty certain you'll see what I mean. I'm looking forward to posting a detailed ownership review once I've spent a few days behind the wheel of my beast so i'll conclude this post here.

The Deal:
    First off I believe the facelift is around the corner based on the frequency of the test mule sightings that keep cropping up across the web. Personally I like the "classic" look better compared to what I have seen of the facelift and the 1Lac exchange bonus made it a no-brainer to grab the deal with both hands!

Besides the exchange bonus I was offered the following:
    1] Car mats. [ I specifically also asked for the boot mat while booking, apparently it's not offered as part of the deal. ]
    2] Mud flaps. [ Confirmed with the dealer that it'll be the moulded variety and not the rubber ones. ]
    3] Teflon coating. [ I'm aware it's more or less a scam. In any case I have opted for under-body anti-rust coating instead. ]

I might also opt for the T-Jet illuminated door sills as an optional accessory which I will of course have to pay for.

And now the wait begins, hope to god it's a short one!

Cheers!
    Abhishek
    6 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations rock-on-smiley-emoticon.gif
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Congratulations...I have started counting now :)!
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Congratulations abhisheksil ji!! :up
  5. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Congratulations, Abhishek ...
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Wow, it's raining T-Jets in TFI. Happy for FIAT! :)

Congrats and that is a great color you have chosen.
  7. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Congratulations Abhishek. Driving the jet is so enthralling experience that once you drive it you can't think of any other car. Wish you many many happy miles. Do keep us updated.
    1 person likes this.
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats Abhishek :up
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Congrats, whats the on road price?
  10. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Thanks a lot guys! Really looking forward to getting my hands on my Jet.

@Viny: It cost me 9.5 Lakhs OTR (Registered in Thane, Maharashtra) and this includes the 1 Lakh exchange bonus.