1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked the car- A few questions I hope you can answer

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by prem, Oct 26, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    not sure about the payment but you can definitely instruct them not to get the car registered unless you give a green signal after your pdi!!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    In my experience-No.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes, even in my buying experience the dealer gave the standard reply of "Car is not insured, no registration , so cannot be allowed to drive until you do the billing".

So i just believed the dealer's PDI and drove the car home and aal was well. :)
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats,Happy motoring.
    About the discounts and offers,get it written and signed with the official seal,I have had a bad experience with Chevy.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I did a very short drive during the PDI of my Linea inside the dealer's yard itself.
  6. prem

prem

Chennai
    it doesn't look like I will get the car by 2nd. The Sales guy gave me the usual stories- Car is in transit and none knows when exactly will it reach chennai. Now I Just hope that they will give it to me on 5th as promised.

By the way- Will the tyre upgrade help the GC? What should I go with and how much will it cost me?
    AND, how do I enable Aux and USB in the emotion variant?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If the car don't arrive by Monday, I doubt whether you can get it on 5th too.
    Do you really think that the tyre upgrade is required? GC may not be a problem once you get used to your car.

I doubt there is still an option to enable the USB/AUX in the Emotion variant. Experts can comment on this.
  8. congrats on your new ride buddy... and chill dude... u will not regret your decision...

I completely agree with @shams on this. everybody in my family were against it, especially my uncle; but as soon as he took it for a ride on the highway, his thinking changed completely and looked at the car in a very different manner... So relax, have fun with the car....
    Wish you great miles ahead...
  9. prem

prem

Chennai
    heard from the dealer that my car has arrived... Could not go to the yard today. Will go there tomorrow. Praying that all goes well..
    Though I would have loved to get it on 2nd, the dealer has told me that I will be surely be getting it on 4th. Have already taken days off on friday and next tuesday:clapping
  10. prem

prem

Chennai
    Did the PDI yesterday. It was all good except a few problems..A couple of plastic plates were coming off from under the steering near the knee.Roof beading was coming off a little bit..told him to fix all that..
    a few things- How do I test whether the lighter works..
    Does the rear wiper throw water?

Getting the delivery on Saturday ..will need to check these..
    I was so happy to see MY CAR:)