1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked the car- A few questions I hope you can answer

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by prem, Oct 26, 2011.

1. prem

I have finally booked the GP 1.3 emotion. Exotica red. In fact I booked it on 20th itself. I am expecting delivery on 5th. I wanted it on 2nd and am pushing the dealer to try and give it to me on 2nd as it is a very important day for me.

I will post more details when I get the car. In the meantime I have a few questions.

1) I got the VIN on the very same day I booked the car. Anything fishy? its a spetember make car. Do dealers immediately get to know the VIN after placing the order?

2) The car should hopefully be in chennai by friday. Can any of you join me for the PDI? The dealer is VST motors near LIC building in chennai.

3) Where is the PDI checklist doc?

3) If any of you know someone higher up in VST, can you ask them to give me the car by 2nd?

4)My loan is approved, and by tomorrow the dealer will get the money too. Should I ask the bank to stop the payment to the dealer until I do PDI. I don't know if it is possible coz the loan agent says they must transfer the amount to the dealer.

5) ANy other precaution I should take? read somewhere that I should get the sunfilm installed only at authorized dealers. Dealer has promised me sun film. Should I ask him to get it done by 3M guys?

I am sorry if I sound too cynical. But this is my first car and you have no idea how much convincing I had to do . to myself,my girlfriend, my friends,my parents and and 'EVEN MY PARENTS' DRIVER' why does he hate fiat so much??:rage
  2. arpenkar

Hye Prem,

Welcome to the FIAT community.

The PDI list and discussion references are here

About VST, there are fellow TFIans that have been praising loud and high, so I guess, you are in good hands. But fellow Chennai TFI-ans can give you more specific tips w.r.t. VST.

About the amount of convincing you had to do (even to your driver...)...well..the day that phenom changes is the day when FIAT is the no.1 choice for motors in India. Now till that distant dream becomes a reality....happy owning!!
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

prem, first of all many congrats to you! Wonderful choice!
    Second thing, i know its your first car but dont be too much hyper. Do go through PDI checklist. Check each & every aspect & that to in a good sunlight!
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Welcome to TFI, prem.

I can be wrong, but I think the dealer gets the VIN before the car gets transported from the factory - if the variant you choose is already in transit, they can give you the VIN. Other TFI-ans, please correct me if I am wrong.

It is safe to ask the bank to with hold the payment to the dealer till you do the PDI - do not agree to pay the full amount till you do the PDI and you are satisfied with the car.

Ask the dealer which sun film is he giving for free? If you are happy with that, go ahead. If you are not, bargain for some thing else and get sun film done outside. For me, the dealer gave Garware and as I am happy garware in my other car, I went with that.

Do a detailed PDI in good sunlight.

I hope all the convincing you did will pay off beautifully once you start enjoying the car :)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard Prem.

Yes, the dealer gets to know the VIN the moment he places an order at the factory. Standard procedure.
    Get the baby home and post up lots of pics.

6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yeah I agree to Anoop and Gurjinder....

Do a proper PDI and get the car :)

Upload lots of photos too
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    My responses are given below in Bold.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. shams

shams Esperto

just wait for your first highway trip in your punto.(The number of people seems more :) so you might have to do more than one!).. Everyone's views will take an about turn :):)
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  9. prem

Guys, I have already singed the loan papers and given the post dated cheques. also, I remember signing some papers regarding the registration. Does that mean the dealer CAN get the car registered even if there is some issue and i don't like it?
    Just called the loan agent and he said he cannot stop the payment. it is standard procedure and the bank must pay the dealer.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Thanks Tron, I have the PDI doc and I also went through the thread. I am not the nit picky kind but I hope I will find any big issue if there are any.
  10. prem

Nice avatar ..you got there..
    one question- Do these guys allow buyers to drive the car during the PDI? Pulling towards left seems a common problem and i would definitely want to check that.