1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked the all new Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 MJD (Emo)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Suganth, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Suganth

Suganth Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Fiatians,

I had booked my new Evo on this Friday and my vehicle will be delivered on Monday(Tomorrow) after completing the registration. Am really excited to see my vehicle delivered. I had booked my car in chennai (Ramkay FIAT). The experience with their sales team was so good. Will share my full experience after delivery. In the mean time I had asked for personal inspection of PDI before registration and the sales guy has promised me the same.

Keep Revving,

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2015 ---
    Hi Fiatins,

Just checked my vehicle after PDI. Got basic things like.

1. AC
    2. Functioning of features (HL, Inducators, Fog lamps, ORVMS, Etc)
    3. Checked inside bonnet for oil/fluid levels.
    4. Checked the ODO (It's H 100 Km). Is it normal in chennai.
    5. Visual inspection of vehicle (for scratches, dents, etc) to some extent.

Guys please suggest if any important things needs physical inspection.
  2. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations on the awesome choice and welcome to the family!
    There is a detailed section available here on PDI, please refer.
    Wishing you many happy miles with the Jet and looking fwd to pictures.
  3. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Congrats. Suggest that you verify month/year of manufacture using the VIN. Wish you many miles and smiles with the car
  4. Scorpione Rosso

Scorpione Rosso Timido

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats. Rev hard
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Heartiest congratulations mate. Which variant did you buy and in what colour? Generally the odo during delivery should be less than 100km unless the dealer has a valid justification if the odo is more than 100 kms. Did you not have the PDI checklist with you during the PDI, Fiat PDI check list is very comprehensive and covers a lot of things to be checked before the delivery. Maybe you can use it when you take the delivery of the car. Do start an ownership thread and highlight the buying and delivery experience with lots of pics.

@sudipz - He has bought the Evo and not the T-Jet.
  6. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats Suganth. I am planning to book one too @ chennai.
    What is the color of your car, How much was the on road price?
    Happy Revving!!
  7. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congratulations! happy revving. Please post your ownership experience and pics of your ride.:)

Please post on-road price, accessories and/or any discount details.
  8. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Suganth. Good decision on choosing the right vehicle. Did you press for some extra goodies like door sill, reverse parking sensor, air freshener etc?
  9. Suganth

Suganth Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Had clocked the odo to 1000 + Kilometers after taking my beast for weekend trip to my native place (Coimbatore).

The vehicle behaves well on the highways at high speeds (Max was 130 kph). Especially on those corners.

Mileage was 17.7 kmpl (Onward from chennai) and 19.6 kmpl (return) which i think is not upto the mark.

There were few issues observed during my drive which are listed here.

1. Noise from the rear right side door speakers.
    2. Noise from the rear left side of the vehicle during gear shifting and also during running at low speeds.
    3. USB getting disconnected automatically when approaching rough roads (Not soo bad road though)
    4. Wind noise inside the cabin on the driver side at high speeds.
    5. Shifting becomes hard in 1st and 2nd gears from standstill and sometimes during down shifting.
    6. Seats rattling during shutdown (could be because the seats were removed and re fixed for floor mats).

Have conveyed all the above to the sales person and he had assured me take the vehicle for a checkup on my return.

Your views on the above issues are most welcome.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT

19.6 kmpl within the first 1000 kms is great mileage, it would be better post 10,000 kms, as the engine opens up.
    3. USB getting disconnected issue, it is due to known grounding issue, The Fass will be able to fix this.
    6. Seats rattling, should be because of improper tightening during floor mat fixing.
    prabhjot likes this.