1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked T-Jet Dynamic Minimal Grey. Expected This Week.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rusticnomad, Apr 1, 2014.

1. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Ravi.
    VIN is all fine from what i could decipher. It is MCA110GD2YXXXXXXX, Jan 14 MY.
    Yes, dealer seems to be doing good right from TD stage.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Friend from Indore,

You may check my intro, as I joined the forum on April 4. I always keep looking for FIAT cars on roads of Indore, particularly for Linea. Would love to know you.
    Pranob Mukharjee likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    What is VIN?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Today I greeted myself:

Welcome to Fiat India. This is your first harrowing experience :)

Issue is that the trailer is here. Apparently the dealer is not unloading it as it doesn't want the vehicles that's not part of the order (but forced sale from FIAT India) to be unloaded, and unfortunately my vehicle is in the same trailer. No one is willing to give me a date despite the trailer being here. Dealing with "Outsourced Call Center" support is like talking to parrots. They keep reciting the same thing no matter what the issue is.

Most surprising is that even Fiat India Customer Service -- hopefully this is not outsourced -- Mr Mangesh Kodalkar (cannot post his email address for privacy reasons) is non committal. He is just responding with "Bot Replies". Now he isn't even answering my calls.

Tricky situation and my mercury is rising.
    No wonder Fiats don't sell much here in India. They have a long way to go as far as customer support goes.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hey rusticnomad,

What can we say. Please be patient now that the car is booked. Else would have adviced you to goto a different Fiat dealer.
    You will find Mangesh Kodalkar's replies 'bot' like, because of certain things. On email he has to be very careful while answering you (legal reasons), in most probability he has forwarded your email to the relevant persons in this regards. They can be the people within Fiat incharge of dealing with dealerships at Indore. I am not asking you to just chill; what you could do meanwhile is try a personal visit (if feasible) to the dealer and ask him to reply exact details about your car delivery date or status via email again.

Lackadaisical behaviour from certain dealers is a problem at cities like Mumbai also. Every once in a while irrespective of brand one could face such people. Hope they react soon and positively to your queries.

The car will hopefully once delivered, make you forget all these experiences.
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well said asimpleson. It is better to be patient now.
    @Rustic as suggested check with the folks in the dealership so that you can try to get it sorted out. Also, upon discussion keep mailing the entire discussion (kind of MOM) to all the relevant folks so that everyone are in the same page. Thereby you are documenting things as well.
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @asimpleson --
    Actually, from whatever information I could gather, the issue is about 1 crore worth of forced sale from FIAT to dealer and dealer doesn't want to be sitting on dead stock so they are refusing to unload the entire load. They are willing to unload whatever is ordered by them but at the moment it is a stalemate between FI and the dealer. So looks like I am the unfortunate one caught in the cross-fire between the two.

@livelyyoungman --
    I am keeping all concerned in loop. All are happy to talk over telephone but hesitant to reply to emails. On last call, I have clearly told Mr Mangesh, if vehicle cannot be delivered because of a cat-fight that's on between FI and the dealer, let's call the deal off and you two can keep fighting till eternity.
  10. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    After a lot of back-and-forth over emails, showing displeasure on their facebook page, tele calls and visit of Fiat Customer Support head to Indore (as per the two parties involved in the cat fight), finally the cat-fight ends and now the dealer is trying to fast track delivery (but I am not desperate now to really go through fast track because suspicion arises when dealer starts becoming desperate to deliver within minutes of resolving the dispute).

Any suggestions on how to really go about checking the paint or any signs of repair/patch up work? Which areas in particular need a check. Under-body inspection will need to be done at workshop? Yard I am sure will not have any facility for under-body inspection. I have asked the dealer if they have gauge for checking paint thickness over random locations and still waiting for a reply. What exactly should be the paint thickness of a factory painted vehicle?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014