1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked T-Jet Dynamic Minimal Grey. Expected This Week.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rusticnomad, Apr 1, 2014.

1. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    A Big Hello to all Veterans here!

I am from Indore. Booked a T-Jet dynamic (pre-facelift) minimal grey color last week (28th March 2014) and it's Jan 14 manufacturing date. Cost on road ~8.74 lakhs and includes 2 years extended warranty, Fiat branded reverse parking sensors & mudflaps, Linea branded foot-mats (dealer didn't agree on T-Jet branded foot-mats) as freebies. Pre-sales negotiations, TD etc went through fine though I couldn't manage to get the cover also as freebies. It was love at first sight the moment I was behind the wheels.

Skoda Rapid and T-Jet were in the running but finally settled with T-Jet as Skoda guys blocked me for asking a simple pre-sales query on their FB page. Moreover, the dealer did not have a petrol TD and came with a diesel vehicle for TD. I wasn't happy with the same as the clutch had peculiar shuddering (vibrations) when one pressed it a bit and the SA said it is to make sure that people don't do half clutch driving -- I wasn't convinced! Moreover, Skoda didn't pamper me much for my money and they in fact had me blocked on their FB page. Similar queries to Fiat on their FB page were handled professionally.

Thanks for reading :)
    4 people like this.
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Rustic! You now own the Personnel Jet! :clapping :dancing
  3. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Definitely a right decision. Congratulations.

When is the expected delivery date?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations and good to know Fiat handled you well on their FB page.
    Small things sometime makes big impact.

Welcome and we are waiting to see your buying and ownership report.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well done Skoda guys..:thumbs down and thanks to their customer lounge and thanks to FB. :drinks A customer was finally saved due to their snobbish and might I say arrogant demeanor.

rusticnomad, you've been saved by some divine intervention..!:evilsmile Welcome to the Forum..

Post lots of pics post delivery of you Jet.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats rustic,, one more Jet owner!!! yipeee!

Welcome to the Forum!!
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks! Yup pretty excited, like a kid :)

Thanks!. Expected this week as per the dealer. It has to come from Fiat Stockyard.

Sure will do. Yes Skoda did put me off. I got calls from Area Manager as part of damage control attempt but he still couldn't offer any explanation as to why I was banned from their FB page. In fact, Online TD booking, RFQ etc all went unattended. Most surprising was the fact that their online TD booking is a third-party plugin (carwale). Pathetic to say the least.

Thanks! Yes, I found Skoda's behavior as insulting to say the least. It was as if they wee doing some favor by selling the car to me. Sure would post pics once I get possession of the car but I am not good at clicking so would try to come up with best possible pics.

Thanks!. Yes owning a Fiat is special indeed as Fiat was the first brand (before Premier Padmini made its appearance) way back as a kid in the decade of 70's. It was a 1963 model (closer to Premier Padmini looks) IIRC and stayed with us till 1991. I self leaned driving back then as a school going kid. If I had to repeat the feat again in today's traffic it would be next to impossible.

Pl ignore the typos (if any). I am still learning to be on a forum :)
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations,, 8.74 is a nice deal...

I did take a Petrol Rapid (Auto) TD. It was less inspiring. Good that you chose the Jet.
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    10th day and still waiting for the vehicle to arrive from Pune.

Question wrt PDI for veterans:

Dealer mentioned that once the trailer is in, he will call us so that vehicle is unloaded in front of us. Is this necessarily a part of PDI?
    Ford Figo (bought in December) PDI we did in showroom (and not even yard). So do we really have to go for unloading?

Thanks in advance.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not required.
    But good to hear that dealer is pro-active.

If VIN is fine (newly manufactured car), basic PDI should be sufficient.