1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Punto MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by ScintillaSpire, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booked Punto Emotion MJD - Medium Grey @ Gem Motors, Coimbatore yesterday.

I got the insurance & premium color charges waived off & was offered corp discount of 7K + Mud flaps & floor mats.
    I have asked for body cover & number plates... lets see what happens.

I was told that Med Grey is not available at the plant (He showed me an excel sheet & said it was the inventory at the factory - still not sure),
    & he was telling like, only if the orders are sufficient, they'll take it up for production. Can anyone confirm me on this please?.

Also, how long does it take for a car to be produced at the factory? Cos, I would like it to be invoiced before the price hike.
  2. i think people must have backed out from Med Grey n Min Grey once Fiat started putting a premium on them. Not a wise decision from Fiat if they think they'll up the price and then waive it to woo people. Regarding your query on production, I am as clueless as you are. But being invoiced before the hike doesn't sound really good. do u really want to pay before you actually see the car?
  3. If a color is on premium, does the quality of the painting differ?

Nope, definitely not.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congrats on the booking. :)

That seems a lot like some salesman talk intended to pull you away from the Medium Gray, as they'll have to put a fresh order for it (which won't help the present stock move).

I'm surprised a dealer has the complete inventory of FIATs at Ranjangaon with him. :p . Highly unlikely.

If you've made up your mind on Med Gray, then ask the dealer to get you one. They should. Is there any offical announcement on a probable price hike?

Not at all. Premium or not, same quality.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    @ScintillaSpire, You should check with the other dealer in your city as well (TAFE?). I don't think dealers will have the complete inventory of stock at the factory. If you like Med. Grey, just insist on that.
  6. Thanks Gurjinder.

There isn't any official announcement yet. But read in a daily that there are plans to increase the excise duty on diesel cars alone ranging from 20K - 80K.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

We've been reading that for quite a bit of time now. I would expect the Manufacturers lobby to cajole Pranab Da to put this excise duty proposal in the cold storage for a while.

Already the sector is facing dismal sales. And the lobby will try to ensure no such measure comes out which can negatively impact the sales. Lobbying FTW! :D

8. @ramjn: I checked with TAFE, they said that they'll be able to deliver in 2 weeks.

So I have not given any secondary color choice and insisted these guys that I need this color only.
  9. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    When I was looking for t-jet+ I also saw a excel which the SE said they got it daily refreshed from FIAT which indicates probable stock in Fiat Factory...This can be true..
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  10. Then, why is there a premium attached to it :confused:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.