1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked punto 1.3 emotion pack!!!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by samurai84, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Samurai84, even though I am the one who talked about the importance of "H" in the display in the PDI checklist but here is another part of it:

Why is H important? It is because the odo of a Fiat car shipped from factory has H with with the car can be driven for 200kms. After that H disappears and odo reading becomes permanent. This is useful as well as harmful.
    Useful- The odo can be reset at the time of delivery and Kms clocked during PDI and registration can be deleted.
    Harm- Dealers can use a new car for 200km as a test drive car in case the same is not available for TD. e.g. In Chandigarh region, Punto 1.4 was not available for TD till Aug 2010 when I last checked. Only 1.2 and 1.3 were available. So a new 1.4 had to be used incase someone got adamant on a TD of 1.4 only (dealers used to press for 1.2 TD to get an idea about 1.4).

Now our main concern is that the car should not have driven 200Kms. There is a way to check that as well. Let me come back with a photo to complete this post.

You should go for a new car if you have any doubt in your mind. I believe a little delay is worth, if it brings peace of mind.
  3. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi Samurai84,
    Generally the Sales people know the importance of "H" and if he is saying that he doesn't know why it is not there then it is very difficult to digest. When I did my PDI the sales guy himself told me that H is there and it will go off after 200 KMs. Infact he said that there is some software which controls this "H" thing and it is not possible for anyone to remove this H.
    But sometimes lot of things work on trust. If you feel that the dealer is not cheating you and is genuine (which is a rarity) ask him clearly if he is hiding anything. Anyway the car is may produce and thus is a new car. Try to get few more freebies from him. :)
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It can be done. Refer to Paddleshifter's post above.
  5. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    @PaddleShifter:- Thanks for ur suggestions... I will ask them to give me new car :)

@niranjan:- yes, it is May car. That's the I am suspecting more now... The dealer is claimin that he ordered this vehicle on 7th July and got delievered on 17th July.. Y the deaer got May month make in July or is he trying to fool me?

Mods Note- Please use the edit post feature if you want to add something to your post within 20 mins if no one else has posted after you. Avoid back to back posts.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Though it can happen, that Fiat sent May manufactured car, but non presence of "H" is cause of concern.
    Tell them you need new car, even you have to wait.

In between, do send email to Fiat helpdesk and demand clarification. Once you send email to Fiat, they will be in loop for future car.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my case, the Odo was reset by some idiot at the dealership. I did the PDI about 6 days prior to delivery so wanted to do it at the Hind Motors stockyard as the dealership has a crowded storage yard for delivery vehicles where I did not wish to leave my car for 6 days. But all thanks to my dad who made sure that the car reached dealership yard only before PDI.

My car was abused a lot by them as I watched helplessly for 6 days (mechanics using the car as AC lounge, features and controls being fiddled with while using the car as a lounge, rear windscreen wiper turned on while there was 1kg dust on rear windscreen etc etc). Still they were offering better deal than Joshi and thats what got me into their trap. A dealership worker even scratched my car at 3 places on the boot before delivery. :mad:

My sincere advise would be to see the car once and close your eyes till delivery if there is time between PDI and delivery.

One way to check if the car is unused and not driven more than 100Km is to look at the tyres. A new car has rubber spikes on the tyres. Odo can be disconnected, H can be reset but those spikes can't be regrown. Many of these spikes get damaged and disappear from the surface by 90-100Km.
    1312352995163.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  8. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Folks,

SOrry for the delayed post.... Atlast I have asked the dealer deliver a new car for me. He has cancelled that car and taken a new order from me... Now I have to wait for an another 15 days for my car to be delieverd :(
  9. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Hurraaaaaaayyyy!!!! I am gonna become a proud owner of punto in another 24 hrs :) I had finished the PDI for the new vehicle today morning and the dealer have sent the vehicle for registration :) Am gonna have sleeples night guys :) :)
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes this waiting periods is likes 100 years to pass. I didnt sleep much before one of my cars delivery. I slept at 4 & woke up at 7.

Congratulations and upload lots of photos
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.