1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Pre-Facelift Linea Emotion MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Vishi, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Shah, I got a discount of 2lk.
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Need some help. Since the car has been in stockyard for around 11 months. Do I need to tell them to clean the fuel tank?
    Will it affect the engine if the car is run with very old diesel for some kms until I fill up with new diesel?
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    replacing all fluids and changing battery and tyres is recommended for such a long duration.
    Vishi likes this.
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks. Yes I have told them to replace all the lubricants like engine oil, gear oil, coolant etc. But my question was should I also tell them to clean up fuel tank as the diesel which is present in that will be very old I believe. Or if I don't clean the fuel tank and take the delivery of the car and then fuel it with new diesel, will it be fine?
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    please ask them to clean the fuel tank and discard the old fuel along with other fluid replacements.
    this will be on safer side.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Vishi,
    Happy New Year.
    I believe checking the rust was part of pdi.if not please check for the same.Check the car once underbody like paint peeling off the axle and if any rust. Cleaning of diesel tank its good to get cleaned but anyways you have associated fuel filter to do its job.Leave as it is.Not required to clean.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vishi, any particular reason you are going for a pre-facelift version which has been at the stockyard for 11 months and not the new model. Facelift model also has discounts of 1.5L for MJD. So, it's a mere difference of 50k which would get you a new vehicle, new model with additional features.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @Ganges and @dadasaheb

@Saket Sidana. Below are the points that I considered for going to pre face-lift
    • I will be going with my company lease policy and hence for me the difference in price is about 1lakh
    • Somehow the space between the clutch and dead pedal is too narrow in the new Linea and hence my foot used to rub the dead pedal each time I press the clutch. I have taken multiple test drives of both new and old Linea and I am sure on this. I have been driving my punto close to 3.5 years now and have never felt this issue. Even my friend who is punto owner confirmed me the same.
    • Both me and my wife liked the classic looks of older Linea than the sport look of new Linea. ( Personal opinion)
    • I felt AC to be better cooling in old Linea
    • I know biege interior is difficult to maintain but in my entire 10 years of car driving I never had a car with complete biege interiors hence the old Linea had complete biege which I liked ( Personal opinion) :)
    • I have heard a lot of issues about the gear lever vibration during 3rd gear in the new Linea and punto EVO and I have also seen the issue during my test drive on the new Linea.
    • Even the new Linea manufactured date was April 2014. So the difference was about 2 months.
    The one feature which will be sorely missed in old Linea is the cruise control.

Happy new year to all TFI members.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vishi, respect your decision. But, few points like AC and gear vibration you mentioned aren't a problem. It may have been a problem in TD vehicle or MJD but not in TJet.
    Looks: That's a tough one and beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. I like the front looks of new Linea but rear looks of the older model. ;)
    Anyhow, do a very thorough PDI as you have been doing and satisfy yourself fully before signing up. Enjoy the beauty for years to come!
  10. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3