1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Pre-Facelift Linea Emotion MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Vishi, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Booked the Pre-facelift Linea MJD (Jan 2104 manufactured). Completed the PDI last week. Thanks to Amogh for the big list of items. It was very useful. SE was good enough. The car was cleaned before the PDI

My Observations
    • Car did not have any scratches or any dents
    • They also mentioned they will do a 3M cleaning inside
    • All the electrical were fine except the indicators, they were not blinking. It will be replaced
    • ODO was 25 H
    • Disc break were fully rusted. Got clarified by prabhjot that there is no issues. SE also mentioned the same that it’s the same for other cars as well. They will clean it up

Have some doubts here
    Should I change to new battery. SE mentioned that battery will have warranty from the time the vehicle is delivered and if there is any issues they will replace it. Will this be fine?

As the car is in the stockyard for close to a year they assured me that they will change all the lubricants (Engine Oil, Gear oil, Coolant etc). Now how will I know that they have changed all the lubricants. Should I ask for bill here. But the car is still not registered

Got reverse parking sensor as freebie (No camera just the sensor with distance and beep). Is it good to have it mounted in the dash or in the mirror. Also wanted to know whether reverse parking camera is good to have or not. I can negotiate for it as well with the dealer

I will be changing the tyres to Michillen Primacy 3ST after the delivery. Now the spare tyre is on lower profile (195/60). Why FIAT why? Want to know from where in Bangalore can I get the new 16inch steel rim as I don’t want to invest another 10K for the alloy on spare.

Time for some snaps :)

20141217_170907.jpg

View attachment 75535

20141217_174444.jpg

20141217_174514.jpg
    prabhjot and Anup like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats for the Linea. Sensor display will depend on model of reverse parking hardware, some are mirror, some are small and rest on dash. I prefer the mirror one anyday, has much better utility. Some RP sensor models these days come with reverse camera display in mirror too.

Every Battery make and brand and type has fixed life unless used very carefully to extend maximum life out of it. Ask for a newer battery not more than 2 months old manufactured even if warranty is from the date of delivery. Batteries sitting idle do die prematurely and you dont want to get stranded somewhere even if warranty takes care of your battery issues.

I think you might need 15" steel rim, does your car have 16" alloys.. :confused:
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have some doubts here
    Should I change to new battery. SE mentioned that battery will have warranty from the time the vehicle is delivered and if there is any issues they will replace it. Will this be fine?-yes the battery warrenty will start from the date of the delivery so you will have e 2 years from the date of the purchase but you need to be careful and have the date verified immediatly at the time of delivery. warrenty would also mean incase if the battery is not able to hold the charge you can get a new battery.

As the car is in the stockyard for close to a year they assured me that they will change all the lubricants (Engine Oil, Gear oil, Coolant etc). Now how will I know that they have changed all the lubricants. Should I ask for bill here. But the car is still not registered
    Well they cannot prep a bill as it is still not registered yet.
    Got reverse parking sensor as freebie (No camera just the sensor with distance and beep). Is it good to have it mounted in the dash or in the mirror. Also wanted to know whether reverse parking camera is good to have or not. I can negotiate for it as well with the dealer- I would you suggest you to keep it at Sensor, that is a OE equipement. The cam will involve in adding a extra rear view mirror which wounld't look good, your call, rather you can bargain for 3M under chasis treatment as an additional precaution.

I will be changing the tyres to Michillen Primacy 3ST after the delivery. Now the spare tyre is on lower profile (195/60). Why FIAT why? Want to know from where in Bangalore can I get the new 16inch steel rim as I don’t want to invest another 10K for the alloy on spare.- It's not just FIAT every manufacturer of the class do that, no need to worry about the difference it is ment only spare use only you need not have to spend 10K for alloys alone.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    quote unquote.jpg

@Anup , use the quote-unquote feature incase you haven't noticed. Looks lot legible and cleaner. Attached screen-shot.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson, thanks for Pointing that one out, however I prefered to respond to @Vishi's questions by this way.
    Please do not suppress me or anyone on preferences on how to respond, it is not motivating to anyone rather it is more like pointing out mistakes on a person on a open forum.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Its for the Mods to say if its a problem, however if you think of it, it defeats the purpose of thread and functions provided. Most importantly a reply or quote raises an alert to the person for whom it is intended.

Its not difficult is it to use the quote function? Hardly takes a few secs, but outcome is much better. Why would they provide it otherwise?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2014 ---
    Initially, you asked me if that would be a problem, I merely expressed my opinion. Would you rather somebody press report post and ask mod to take action. There is no question of suppressing or de-motivating. The rules apply to everyone and even Mods follow them, so please understand that it needs proper formatting. You insisting on something wrong does not make it better. :(
    nbvcrao and platinumshine like this.
  7. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    I beg to differ here.
    If the battery is exide, it's clearly mentioned that warranty is valid till the earlier of the following
    1. 12 months from the date of invoice
    2. 15 months from the date of the manufacturing of the battery

In this particular case the car is Jan 2014. So battery must be atleast 2-3 months older and definitely have exceeded the warranty period.

@Vishy, I suggest you insist on getting the battery replaced from the dealer.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @Anup , @asimpleson & @kookaburra .

I will ensure I get the new battery from the dealer. Attaching the pic of the battery date. it mentions as Charging date as 17/12/2013. Is Charging date same as Manufacturing date?

20141217_173141.jpg
  9. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    Charging date is different from manuf. date.
    Manufacturing date is encoded in the code below the barcode i.e. starting with A2L3....
    I don't know how to decode it readily, but you should easily get the decoders online.
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    CONGRATULATIONS Vishi,
    for your great possession. Any way, what was the price quote from dealer? I'm asking this because my cousin wants the similar LineaMJD deal for concessions if he picks up pre-facelift Linea. Please respond to provide the information that may help us.
    With best wishes for you ride and the new year to come.