1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked New Punto Evo 90 HP

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Sunilp, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunilp

Sunilp Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi,

I have been awaiting for launch of new Punto. I am hoping that they are going to launch it soon.

My Fiat Story
    I never liked any car much and was not interested in buying any particular as such. I mainly saw cars as utility thing so thought of buying Blue Colored Maruti in 2007 because my friend had one and we roamed around a lot in that car in Hyderabad and never had any issues.

Year 2012
    One day in Mumbai, we were going out for lunch and we got into one of our colleagues car. I was on left front seat of Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic (I guess) and the way he drove his car - I was surprised. I totally fell in love with car just after he drove it for 200 meters. I liked the heavy weight door (superb quality) and smooth ride when it went over speed breakers, pot holes. I was already imagining how great it would be to own this car.

Year 2014
    I am from Mumbai but currently working in Bangalore. I bought my first car in Mumbai in Feb 2014(Maruti DZire VXI) for parents. But I was looking forward for buying a car for myself. Meanwhile I had forgotten about Punto a little and thought of buying another utility car (something like i10) but then I remembered my love for Punto and finalized on buying Punto - After longggggg discussions with wife :p

My wife initially liked i20.:eek: But seeing my love for Fiat and seeing the car in detail - now even she has become true Fiat Fan!:p She hated red color earlier but now even she has fallen in love with Fiat Punto Red.

Yesterday
    I saw new Fiat Punto photos yesterday. I am totally happy since it is totally worth the wait - and excited to book Punto as soon as they launch it.

I just want to be ready with all documents to book Fiat Punto on the first day of launch!

1. What documents are required for booking?
    2. For rental agreement - I have previous year agreement - Does that work?
    3. What happens at dealer showrooms when you go for purchase?
    4. Do dealers communicate everything by mail?
    5. How do we pay Dealer? When to pay and what amount (after what)?

By the way, if anyone else is looking forward to book new Punto in Bangalore- feel free to comment. :anyoneLet's see if we can get some group discounts.:cool:

Just gearing up!!! :dance:dance
    4 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sunil, the car launch will happen soon, should be by month end or early August.

Regarding documents and process, I suggest you visit any dealer on your free time. They will explain the process, it's simple and they will take care of documents etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  3. Sunilp

Sunilp Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi. Let me do that. Will visit Fiat Showroom tomorrow if possible or next week.
  4. Sunilp

Sunilp Amatore

Bangalore
    Just realised this colleague of mine is on TFI too!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Just shown a white color punto evo at kashyap fiat okhla..from front it's now looking more bigger car..
    2 people like this.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Saw it at Kashyap Fiat yesterday...It is just awesome....wow interiors and exteriors.....
    1 person likes this.
  7. Sunilp

Sunilp Amatore

Bangalore
    got quotes from dealers today. we shud pay only for booking right? rest amount i want to pay post PDI. everyone of sales agents were stumped when asked for pdi amd started giving ambiuous answers.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which dealer is that?
    Just make sure you don't pay full amount, and clearly told dealer that any major issues in PDI you will not accept.
  9. Sunilp

Sunilp Amatore

Bangalore
    is it better to pay full amt on my own as i am not sure if its through bank loan, will bank really wait. i read in other posts that dealers pressurise banks in paying full amounts.

regarding PDI:
    this was case with all dealers. aadya - said no initially but said yes. vecto - asked for vin no, SA said no, i insisted then wentand checked with some guy and said yes we ll give VIN. fiat caffe - again confusing replies. one said yes. other said no. then one SA said we dont know if we will get VIN till delivery. i was like he is bluffing for sure.

btw shall i ask him to share all things over mail??

btw no discounts from any dealers much. prices are same. i am confused which one to go for?

first impression:
    aadya: superb welcome and perfect way to demonstrate fiat cars. really went ahead and tried shoecasing all features possible. even we switched from punto to linea few times just coz bettery o punto was down.

vecto: good SA. demonstrated car well. took us on TD. confused abt sports edition. he said spoiler will be given as accessory. 20k difference in between vecto and other dealers only because of alumminium peddles and sporty exhaust i guess. again no clarity.

fiat caffe: one SA was too casual and joking and insisted on booking right away without showing good demo.

i stay in HAL so fiat caffe is nearest to me. i am confused which dealer to go for? any suggestions??
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Take from anyone, shouldn't matter. Also EVO is new so don't worry much on PDI. Do have a look though.
    Buying with paying yourself or loan depends on you, shouldn't matter.
    In Fiat Caffe, any issue, there is a ring bell, ring that hard ;).
    Take from dealer which you like as price should be same everywhere. Tell them you are from TFI and you will do complete PDI, even tough you don't do it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    mangeshtendulkar, Sunilp and prabhjot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.