1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked New Linea MJD emotion in Tuscan Wine color

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ankujsharma, Apr 18, 2014.

1. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum.

Me too has booked a new Linea MultiJet "Emotion" Tusacn Wine and hope to get delivery by 25th April. My first preference was "magnisio grey" color but when my wife, kids and other family members have seen the new linea in "tusacn wine" standing in the showroom, they liked it so much that they asked me to take car in this color only, plus frankly speaking even after seeing both color standing together me too felt that tuscan wine color was looking marvelous in combination with lot of chrome and beige color upholstery. Also, since the car with tuscan wine color was immediately available for delivery with dealer, i changed my choice. As in mumbai, RTO offices are not fully functional due to elections in Maharashtra and mumbai, we are hoping to get deliveries by 25th of April.
    I was a swift owner, driven it 1,25,000 km in three year 11 months, loved that car.... Due to heavy traveling i was looking some comfortable car with the same quality of engine. When i first decided to change my car, i have almost finalized a Japanese car with the new diesel version and didn't even consider fiat thinking that same 1.3 liter engine will be under-powered reading reviews of new linea and hence booked the Japanese one , although i was never very comfortable with that choice as, although the car felt comfortable during test drive but the engine noise was too much inside the cabin and even when cruising i was not getting that feeling which i was getting in my swift. Being in the auto industry itself, by my fortune, i had a chat with one of the very senior employee (service) of fiat india and he just asked me to take a test drive. I "half-halfheartedly" called up the dealer and asked somebody to send with the car at my home for a test drive and taken the test drive, but that time also i didn't get fully convinced as i have taken a very small test drive although i appreciated the build quality and a very silent cabin as almost no noise inside the cabin from engine, but since i booked that Japanese one, i still thought that i should not change my choice considering the mileage they are offering and also the brand value they have.
    But Linea's tank like build quality and less noisy enginee made a deep impact on me, hence the very next day i called up both that Japanese car dealer and the fiat dealer again and scheduled a back to back test drive of both cars.
    The Japanese car dealers, considering that i have already booked my car with them, didn't show much interest and asked me to come at their dealership to take a limited test drive although i wanted to drive both the car on highway for atleast 20-30 odd K.M's. Anyway, i went to the jap car dealer again and have taken a test drive of about 20 K.M at western express highway in mumbai, checked pickup, braking by doing sudden braking quit a few time, comfortableness of my family members sitting at back, cabin noise and the cruise option (v limited).
    Then i returned back home where i found Fiat car dealer's executive was waiting for me as he reached 15 minutes prior then scheduled time. I asked him to take a long test drive and he kindheartedly asked me to drive as much as i want except to not cross toll booth's. I have driven car on western express highway, taken it to JVLR road and have gone to eastern express highway and checked the same things which i have checked in japanese car plus the cruise option for a good 20 odd K.M's. Wow, i was amazed with the handling and driving comfort and frankly speaking (not emotionally) that i didnt feel car underpower at all and even the pickup was better then 1.5 liter engine of that other car, plus the tyre size of 205/55 in 16 inch alloy is a plus when it comes to cornering and the breaking is excellent!!!! My family, sitting at back felt the same comfort as the Japanese one except the legroom in Japanese one was a bit more at back.

So, after that 2nd test drive i got convinced 90% that i am going to change my booking and would be buying a linea but just to be sure again and for a second advice, i have called the fiat guy with car for one more test drive at my office in chembur where i have asked my colleague, who drives an audi A4, to take a test drive of the same. He has taken the test drive of the car and was very impressed with handling quality and suggested me to go for this. (His suggestion matters as he was a car racer and a very knowledgeable person of automobiles. He is in the industry since more than 20 years )

So, i finally decided and changed my bookings to linea- multijet emotion variant, initially i have chosen magnisio grey but then converted to tuscan wine color based on the reasons mentioned above and now awaiting for my italian babe eagerly :).

I will post the pics after i will get the car. Also, i thanks all of you guys to create and manage such a wonderful thread about fiat cars. I have read a lot on this thread and at fiat india's facebook page when i was planning to buy fiat and grasped a lot of feedback. This thread is amazing and i have seen no such other thread with such in depth feedbacks and suggestions. I have liked fiat-india's FB page also and appreciate the patience they are showing in handling all queries and concern of customer on that page.

I hope my driving experience will be increased with new linea and will keep posting my feedbacks and expereinces here for other user's refrences.

Pl ignore typos and spelling , if any.

Bye all Fiat-ians.
    Have a safe and unstressed driving.
    Happy Easter!!!

Regards,
    Ankuj
    8 people like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Let me be the first to congratulate you.
    Excellent choice you have made and an interesting write up.
    certainly Linea's drive and handling belongs to a class above and should be better than even your friend's Audi.
    Now starts the count down of sleep less nights.
    Happy motoring.
    Don't worry about the typos,mods here are generous :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Bala... Sleepless nights already started... Awaiting that italian babe crazily :)
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    1 person likes this.
  5. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Bharath...
  6. m-matt

m-matt Timido

Bangalore
    Congrats Ankuj!

First of welcome to teamfiat.

You will never regret owning a FIAT all the best!

Sent from my RM-994_im_india_906 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Ankuj. You Made a good choice happy motoring.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats...!

This matters.