1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dhaya76, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks aruncep. I will do the thorough PDI and let you all know.
  2. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I recently booked the punto 76bhp ER color it took 5 days after all processing,by this time you can get the VIN number chassis would be allocated to you. You decode it to find the mfg month.

make sure you visit the stockyard to verify
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dear All,

So far so good.

I had a PDI check last evening and it was very good:). The manager informed the yard in-charge that I will be visiting the yard for PDI check and should not be disturbed until I finish. I did a complete check and was happy that so far there is no issue. The interior wasn't that clean, but later got confirmation that before delivery they will clean it. I was very happy that they have arranged for complete PDI check and also the in-charge in the yard helped me with the lights checking as well. Thanks to RDC and his manager for helping me in this.

Today morning did the pooja and left the car in the showroom for their RTO work and additional fitting. Confirmed that I will be getting my vehicle on Monday/Tuesday. I could see one misalignment near the ticket holder space, which I showed today to the manager and asked them to rectify the same and he has agreed for that. I also noticed the misalignment near the key holder but saw this almost in all the Fiat Linea I checked. Showed this as well, but not sure whether they will be able to fix this. Looks like this is a production defect :(.

After delivery I am planning to a trip to Munnar this month end and before that I am expecting to drive around 500 kms. I hope taking new vehicle should not be an issue. Please help me on this.
  4. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats dhaya happy puntoing

I too have new punto I did 700 kms in city planning hit the highway today. Actual run-in period of a new car would be 2500 kms, I read other forums it was advised to have the car in different conditions like city,highway trip during this run-in period.Too much bumper-to-bumper and long highway run are not adviced. Avoid revving the car more than 2500 rpm.

The advice given by SE Bangalore was max speed of 80 ~ 90 km inside city and on highway 120 km max during run-in period. Do not the rev the car more. Under revving is also a crime. :rolleyes:
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks sakartechin, I have booked Fiat Linea...

Thanks for your advice and definitely not going to revving more than 2500 rpm.

Earlier I use to drive around 120 kmph (SX4 Zxi) and now I became a sedate driver and use to drive around 80 to 100 kmph max because my son is afraid of speed and he was telling me that he is scared. Now it became a habit for me not exceeding 100 Kmph even I drive alone. Not exceeding 100 Kmph also gave me very good mileage :).
  6. vsivaku

vsivaku Novizio

bangalore
    Congrats Dhaya. Happy Motoring. Taking the new vehicle on ghats shouldn't be a problem unless Rev'ed hard.
    Me too have got my VIN allocated today and vehicle has reached the stockyard. Planning to do a PDI today.
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    thanks vsivaku for your advice. Do complete PDI, and the issues I mentioned earlier on misalignment, inform the sales manager to correct it. I will post my experience and pictures of my Munnar drive early next month.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Dhaya...congrats for your buy..I guess the fight will start between our Tuscans once I take my delivery shortly in a week or two..Awaiting your photos & experiences :p eagerly..
  9. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I might bring my car to Coimbatore end of this year (my wife native is Coimbatore) and will try to meet you and share our driving experience.
  10. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congratzzz....

***Sent from Mobile***
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.