1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dhaya76, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dear All, I have booked new FIAT LINEA 1.3 Emotion, Color : Tuscan Wine. I was having Maruti SX4 Zxi model (2008) and everyone loves the car. It has clocked around 86K in 5 years. It was a tough to decide on FIAT and also convince my family. Most of the time, I drive in highways and wanted to have a very good build car and steady in speed around 100+ kmph. When I narrowed down, left with three options. Fiat Linea, Maruti Sx4 and Hyundai Verna. Since SX4 is older model and anytime will be replaced, and Hyundai Verna wasn't good at highspeed due to its soft suspension, I have decided to go for FIAT.

convincing my family was the next task. My wife knows driving and also following up some of the threads realted to FIAT India after sales service and worried a lot. But convinced her that FIAT will be able to solve it since they started seperate sales and service.

I have mixed feeling on booking new car. I booked it through RDC Motors, CIT Nagar, Chennai. I paid the amount on 19th Sept 2013 and the sales guy confirmed to me that I can get the car on 4th October. But I told him to deliver on 9th October 2013 since I was not in town. First shock came to me on 4th October that the car is not yet in production and he has no clue on when the car will be sent. Then he asked to talk to the manager on the same day and he also said the same thing. He also informed me that, if I am ready to take the white colour then he can give me the car immediately. But I am not for any change of colour. My surprise was, lot of Linea was in tuscan wine colour and they say that production is not done for that color :eek:.

The reason he told me was, since FIAT is using the same TATA factory to produce the new cars, they have specific lots/times/days to manufacture their model. Since at the same time FIAT was planning to release Classic, they said that priority was given to classic than the other models.

Went and met him last evening and he told me that one Linea Emotion Tuscan wine is ready and he has given priority for me. He said that it will take around 6 to 10 days to come to chennai from the logistics. I was hoping to get before 18th October, but the chances are getting very slim.

Does anyone faced similar problems on delivery, any colour? What are the prelim checks that I have to do apart from checking the VIN number?
    2 people like this.
  2. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats on booking it. Best choice I would say. :)

The above part, told to you by the dealer is COMPLETE NONSENSE. I wish I could use the real word i had intended to use here, but it's a public forum. It is a complete fabrication and in no way true. Just a pathetic attempt by the dealer to justify their incapacity. The guy who said the above deserves a whack on the head!

The Ranjangaon plant is a 50:50 JV , but this guy wants to say FIAT is begging TATA to let it produce it's cars.
    4 people like this.
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks aruncep, I will go through the PDI checklist. I will check with Ramkay as well. BTW, what colour did you book? I assume it is the same Linea Emotion model.

Thanks gurjinder, I will talk to the manager again and see how early I will get the car delievered. The only reason I yet to raise my voice is to avoid any damage they do to the car which we are not able to see. He will definitely get it nicely from me after I get my car.

I am going for the following accessories, throw me some light if I am wasting money here and also suggest me some other accessories which is necessary

1. DVD player and screen fitted in the head rests. One of the screen has a push button and it rotates the screen to bring the player. Next push the screen comes up. (This accessory is at free of cost, they quoted around 15K which I am getting free since I booked it on a specific day when they gave some offer).
    2. LED door SIL (Cost 3K)
    3. Rain Visor. Cost around Rs. 500
    4. Full mat (this will be installed including the boot. This helps during cleaning the car) (Cost around 3K, labour free of cost)
    5. Rev parking sensor (not going with camera since I am planning to MMI with camera after 6 months). (Cost 3.5K). Planning to get this at free of cost since they delay the delievery.

Future Plans are buying

1. Projector head lamps (white and only low beam)
    2. MMI with rev parking camera
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Mine is Linea 1.3 Dynamic and its Oceanic Blue.
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    May be the colour would have made the difference. I really liked the oceanic blue, but my wife didn't like that and hence I have to close that option. This car was sponsored by my wife :cool: and hence I left it to her option on color.
    1 person likes this.
  7. vsivaku

vsivaku Novizio

bangalore
    Iam also in the same boat. I have booked Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion New Pearl white from KHT Caffe, Bangalore on 28-Sep (Will write a detailed booking experience sooner) . Still the car has not yet been dispatched from factory for priority given to Linea Classic in the assembly line. Expecting the car to get dispatched today - Fingers Crossed..
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I'm sure you will forget all this initial issues once you start driving your cars.. I am now driving my 2nd FIAT, so can say so from my experience.
    also, don't read too many posts as it will distract mind, if you have set your mind and money to buy a FIAT then go for it, admiration guaranteed. Best of luck !!
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    My Friend booked a T.Wine Linea on September 19th and his car arrived 2 weeks ago at the dealer - True Sai in Salem. So this looks like another RDC effect rather than Fiat's.

Perform a complete PDI and ensure everything is fixed before you give the final amount to the dealer.
  10. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Yes I have faced. Not with the color.
    They denied me customer PDI. They told me that no customer have done a PDI in their history.
    Next min, I immediately cancelled the booking without any words. Did not turned to them even they tried to compromise me for that.
    Gone with Ramkay and I am happy with the service from them.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.