1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked my first car: FTA Punto 90 HP!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by L0dest0ne, Aug 18, 2011.

1. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum.

I booked my first car: an azure Punto 90 HP on August 1st (from Tata Motors -AutoLinks at Hauz Khas, New Delhi).

The car should hopefully be with me within a week and I am simply beside myself with excitement! :steering

Hope some members from this part of Delhi can share some of their experience w.r.t service etc. Please also share some tips on things to keep in mind while doing a PDI.
  2. congrats on the car!!
    drive safe.
    have fun.

do the PDI properly. download the PDI list from the forum!
    if possible talk to any one TFIian from Delhi.

WELCOME TO TFI
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    L0dest0ne congratulations for 90HP. I too drive 90HP & its worth for a single pennny which we spend on her.

Really nice car.
  4. congrats on the lovely acquisition.... Wish u wonderful miles ahead.....:steering:car:redcar
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks everyone!

Could you tell me if a running in period is to be adhered to? For how long? Any oil changes etc during this period?
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Officially there is not Run in Period for FIAT but for first 1000km drive her carefully, thats what I did with my 90HP. I didnt crossed 80kmph. Now I completed near about 2000kms & revving her upto 2500 to 3000 RPM
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats dude. FTA 90hp is the killer deal.

About the running in, don't be too conservative , dont be too radical. Drive normally , just don't abuse it and you'll be fine. We've come a long way in engine tech since the days of the Ambassador etc. ;)

And yes, do take good care of the turbo. Read through posts 6,11,13,18 of this thread to know some good practices.

Gurjinder.
  8. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks again Gurjinder and Kedar! :)
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Welcome buddy, boost the turbo and enjoy like me. I shifted from Petrol 1.2 Emotion Punto to 90HP Diesel Punto. I am feeling like I am driving most powerful car. (though it is not)