1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked my First Car: Fiat GP MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by niranjan_81, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hello All, This is Niranjan from Pune.
    I have booked my first car Fiat Punto MJD emotion :p. The on road price is around Rs. 6.56 L on road, pune. The freebies discussion is still not held will be discussing that during the final payment of the car.
    Choosing the car: It’s almost the same list of cars which every new hatch buyer goes through
    1. Maruti Swift: Never had plans of booking this one but saw it just for the sake of it,to ensure that I do not miss on any car. Too many swifts on the road makes it a boring choice. (I bought my first bike Bajaj Caliber in 2002 when evry frnd of mine either had a Splendor OR TVS victor).
    2. Hyundai i20: One of my frnd owns the petrol version. I feel it’s too expensive for its features.
    3. Ford figo: Could not do the TD of the vehicle. Actually planet ford people called me many times for the TD and it used to get postponed for some or the other reason. After few days they stopped calling. L
    4. Skoda Fabia: Did the TD on petrol version. Everyone in the family liked it a lot. But then saw lot of reviews about after sales service etc. and then decided against buying it. Actually we liked the car so much that we decided to go for the higher version which was around Rs. 6.35 L on road. Then we thought that if anyway we are stretching our budget why not go for the diesel car instead.
    5. Tata Indica Vista: Really like the car and it’s shape. Also discussed with one of my colleague and he said that I can go for Vista any day. Infact he has 3 vistas in family. Two in kerala and one here in Pune.
    6. Fiat Punto: I was thinking of this car for last one year and although I did TD of other cars I always had sight on this one. Finally contacted Pandit auto, pune and the SA (Ganesh Shetty) came to our home for the test drive. Everyone liked it and then it was a toss between Indica Vista and Fiat Punto.
    Booking exp.: Went to Pandit auto directly to decide which one out of Vista and Punto to take. There had a discussion with the owner of the showroom and he convinced us to take Punto due to it’s better build and highway ride. Finally booked the punto on Saturday(23-07-2011).
    Now waiting for the delivery of the car. Hope it goes of smoothly.
    I would really like to thank Kedarbendre and Srikaratluri for their advice on punto.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  2. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Congratulations and Welcome to FIAT family.

I could see myself in your story, i had a toss up between Manza and Linea, and acted smartly like you.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Niranjan. Congrats buddy. :)
  4. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Thanks Paddleshifter and ManUTDian. Just got the Vehicle no. from the dealer it is MTAXXXFMZ, which means it is June 2011 manufactured car. I am ok with it. I will be doing the PDI tomorrow at pandit auto.
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats and Welcome to the club.

Drive Safe.
    Do post the pics after delivery, BTW which color have you opted for?
  6. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    It's Tuscan Wine Hitesh.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard Niranjan.

Hearty congrats on getting the TW Punto . It's a beauty
  8. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Thanks everyone. I completed the PDI of the car on saturday everything seems fine. The delivery will be in the next few days. I took the checklist available in on this site for the PDI. The SA himself got amused by such an exhaustive checklist. He initially thought that PDI will take hardly 10 mins but we took a good 1 hr. :)
    Thanks "TeamFiat" for the excellent checklist.
    Just one bad thing. Could not win anything in that offer. It's the normal Rs. 6500 /- Fuel voucher.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great news buddy. Looking forward to the d-day.
  10. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Congrats and Welcome to the family Niranjan...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.