1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked my 90 hp pearl white with black roof.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by thefiatguy, Dec 24, 2013.

1. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune
    Hey Guys,

I am moving from 1.2 emotion to 90 hp Punto pearl white with black roof :). Damn excited for it.

Few question
    1. Is it worth investing in the Sports version 22k extra>
    2. How much would Abarth Decal cost?
    3. I want black front grills and paint my front bumper black like @Naughty has done Please suggest a place I can get it done in pune?
    5 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi thefiatguy. Congrats for the upgrade to sports variant.

01. Yes and No. Yes, because sports variant with that black roof, mirrors and chrome exhaust tip give an amazing touch to the car on the outside. No, because the sports pedals are not exactly worth the premium price of approx. Rs10000 in my opinion as Punto does not have a very spacious footwell (I never found it cramped to be honest in my 3 years/75000km ownership. My show size is 8).

02. Abarth decal price depends upon the local pricing. Maybe 3k or something IIRC. I leave this to kdarbendre, theblack and co.

03. I hope you are talking about painting the portion of the front bumper between two front grills only. Well, painting the front grills black can be done anywhere and for that bumper would need to be opened for removing the grills. I guess you can talk to the showroom if there is a perspective customer of a Punto Active who is interested in silver front grills of Punto. That would be mutually beneficial to both of you and would avoid paint job.

Regarding painting the front bumper black, I, too, am considering getting a black radium or vinyl sticker pasted instead of going for the paint job.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  3. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    01) Footwell is cramped for for people with shoe size 10. My shoe size is 10 and I do not have problem with Formal pointed tip shoes; however casual shoes and boots like woodlands is a real pain with B and C pedal. I have visited to to few shops in Chennai n Bangalore and found that Sparco Foot pedal are available for low price when compared to 10K OEM.

You can also consider buying Active front grills. It costs INR813 + INR411. When compared to paint job, Active OEM grills looks much better. Last friday I visited to KHT Fiat Bangalore for painting the Silver grill to Black and they quoted me INR2000 + Tax.

IMHO 22K for the spots version is overpriced since every changes in Sports Version can be done after market for a good price.

Black Exteriors can be done at a Local Sticker shop. Sports Pedal and Chrome Exhaust Tip are available in Ebay and few TFI'ans have already purchased and using it.

If given a choice then I would spend this 22K either for a nice Leatherite Seat Covers or a super good shoes for the Car.;).

It's my opinion so think well before you decided.
  4. sampy

sampy

Hyderabad
    You can buy black raidator grill directly from Service Center or from the following link:

Radiator Grill| Punto
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations, Great upgrade!!
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations buddy on migration from 1.2 to 90HP.

As you have already planning for abarth stickers, you can also get exterior changes done outside. That would result in great savings.

Same can be spend on remap, refer Italia_linea thread for what remap can do to fiat beauties. That would perfect thing to spend additional money which they are charging for sports model.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Congrats for the Upgrade Dude.

In my car I too have got the front grills of active variant fitted. The area between the 2 grills has been covered by the Vinyl sticker from a professional.

Let me know if I can be any help you require.

And yes... I too will suggest you not to waste money on sports kit. Rather invest in smoked headlamps, blackened fog lamp holders and wolf remap for killer looks and performance.

Cheers... :up

Neel u4a4uryp.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 people like this.
  8. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune
    Thanks guys for the wishes.....
    Can any one suggest a reliable place in Pune where I can get Abarth stickers and black vinyl done?

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Contact Kedar....

He is the donor of Abarth Stickers.... Right Kedar? :D

Cheers... :up

Neel
  10. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune
    PDI for my 90hp Sport

Hi Team,
    I did PDI for ride today. My PDI was scheduled yesterday but was postponed to today. It was even delay today my SA was not sure where the car was and there was no co-ordination between them as they were not aware which car was to arrive when at the showroom, in spite of my wife telling me to chill and not spoil the fun of car buying, I was frustrated. You know when I got my first Punto which happened to be my first car I was unware of all this PDI and stuff. I think ignorance is bliss :).The first sight of my beauty I was like :rolleyes: all frustration vanished. Now getting to PDI, first thing I noticed was "Goodyear Duraplus". I was like :confused:. I was expecting the "Apollo Acelere" like the regular "Emotions" but then the SA said yours is not "Emotion" but it 90 hp sport so these tyres. I was hoping to get the "dark grey" alloys again same those come with "Emotion" not sport , I was like why God did I ask for a "White 90 hp with black roof"? I can live with silver alloys anyways plan to get them painted to white :). But the tyres I am worried for should I get them replaced?
    Posting a Few pics....

IMG_2523.jpg IMG_2524.jpg IMG_2526.jpg IMG_2532.jpg IMG_2533.jpg . IMG_2539.jpg
    7 people like this.