1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked : Linea GC Upgrade Kit

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by kvk, Feb 22, 2012.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @onlymakarand there is nothing difficult in installing the GC kit, they just have to remove the old suspension and put in new parts. You can get it done at any ASS as by now all ASS have opened linea and punto suspension thousands of time so now they can do it with there eyes closed.

@SPSSM you can order the kit from any ASS and pay some advance to them, they would call you when the parts arrive took 10 days for me.
    I was charged 2000/- as labour charges for GC Upgrade kit.

@Gurjinder the work was done at Banarasi Dass. Technical know how is now good at Banarasi as several mechanics have shifted from Joshi to it. The usual SA Satprakash which attends my car at Banarasi was on leave, the new SA Kumar from Joshi didn't know a thing about Fiat cars as he used to deal with Tata cars in Joshi.
    Intercooler cleaning and EGR cleaning have brought back the performance and the car now just jumps when in turbo range

@kvk It's amazing how the same car which used to scrap with only 1 person at crawling speeds now doesn't ground even with full load at decent speeds.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Hai KVK, you got it changed it @ Mysore road Concorde? What is the process? Sent you a PM, pls reply :)
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The details are here.
    1 person likes this.
  4. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes. I got it done at Concorde on Mysore road.
    I have replied to your pm too.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Dealers in Bombay r quoting Rs. 12000 for the kit.why so much difference.
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Today I had been to Concorde on Dairy Circle (Bangalore). I inquired the GC kit price there. They said I have to place the order as it is not readily available. He roughly quoted 14K. Is it true? Anybody here got the GC kit upgraded in Bangalore for less recently? Please comment. The GC kit consists of 4 shocks and two coils on the rear. The shocks are longer than the existing one so are the coils. That is what the service guy told.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    When my Linea went to Concorde Motors, Mysore Road for the fifth paid servicing on 17 Sep 2012, SA informed that they had a spare GC kit for Linea, but I declined. Kindly check with them to confirm if it is still available.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  9. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    What consist of GC kit.. I got linea Tjet White Angel... Will it hit any Fiat Warranty Clause if i go for it... Suggest :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GC Kit is provided by Fiat themselves so no warranty issues.
    But do decide if you really need it.