1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Linea Active petrol, but now I am in great dilemma!!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by mkm2010, Jan 2, 2011.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Booked Linea Active petrol, but now I am in great dilemm

You should not have given this in writing & should have mentioned the facts as discussed in conference call. Do another conference call & ask for immediate refund.
  2. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur
    Re: The dilemma continues!!!

I have told mr. sharma the whole matter during conference call. At that time that sales mgr apologized and was ready to refund with a cancelation charge of 2500/- within 4-5 days. But after submission of my application that guy is delaying the matter by giving some nonsense reasons.
    I have already sent mail to fiat officials. But still got no reply.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

Just tell that dealet that I am making another conference call, or you may take any of the TFI Member staying near by you and blash them, These are the peoples spoilling the name of FIAT
  4. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur
    Re: End of long dilemma!!!

Guys!! At last!! After a long battle and dilemma I have got my money back!! But not fully. They have cut Rs. 5000/- as cancellation charge.
    Thank all of you, for support, suggestions and obviously the contacts. Ultimately I had to contact Mr. Ashish Vardwaj. Mr. Vardwaj forwarded it to Kolkata office and Mr. Madhur Sharma and his colleagues solved the matter. Mr. Sharma also promised to give extra discount (the amount cut as cancellation charge) if I stick to FIAT car.

But now I need your opinions on sticking to FIAT car. After all these happened with me should I purchase a FIAT car again? LEXUS motors of Kolkata offered me a october'10 manufactured PUNTO 1.3 MJT emotion (Tuscan Wine) in 6,20,000/-. But kolkata is 200 km away from my place and this dealer is the nearest (70 km) . During any emergency I have to depend on this dealer. Also Road side assistance will come from this dealer. So will it be a wise decision to take a FIAT car for me? Though I will remain a FIAT fan but my family also now opposing me to go for a FIAT car.

Need your opinions and suggestions.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

See buying car is not a issue, its one time task, so can be managed.
    But if you don't have any other service center nearby, it might create some problems. See if you have any other nearby cities, say Dhanbad.

And regarding RSA, Fiat is responsible for that, dealer has to provide you the service, they can't deny.
  6. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur

No, there is no service within 100 km from my place. Dhanbad is around 150 km away. That dealer also came to know ( when I was dealing before getting my cheque back) that I had a talk with other dealer in kolkata. The sales manger never denied to provide servicing, but always hinting me that as I have to depend on him for servicing, may it will be a problem if I take FIAT car from other dealer. Thats why I am worried, though I am still interested on Punto.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

Forget about the dealer words.... The service department and Sales department work differently. I bought the car from Concorde and get service from Mailk Cars. Malik service guys treat me better than few of Malik Customers... It is just the matter of fact the meet a nice person and become frnds and then he takes care of your car...

If you have any other service center (the 70Km one), just visit their service center and check if they have good bays and good technicians. You can go ahead and buy the car from the one which gives you better deal.

My final suggestion would be if your budget says go for TJET...
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

Just visit the dealer and check the Service bay, and hw is the service conducted,
    main thing is that you not need to visit the dealer frequent after having the car, The decission is yours after all its your hard earned money, than also i would suggest you to forget all the old issue and start up fresh new booking with another FIAT dealer, 70 km is not much it might give your car also a good run.
  9. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur

Thank all of you for reply.
    B. D. Motors is the nearest dealer (70 km away). I haven't checked their service center, as it is in different place. The other dealers (in Kolkata) are 200 km away from my place. One of my colleague bought a Punto 1.2 active form kolkata. After 2-3 days it started troubling. It was not taking start. So he had to call RSA. RSA appeared after 1 hour. They also couldn't rectify at that time. After 3 hr a person from service center appeared and changed some starting relay (I cant remember the exact name), then it took start. Also Door open alarm (light) was always glowing though all the doors were closed. This matter rectified in the service center. If the car was of Emotion variant, then the buzzer kept ringing all the time till rectified. This matters did not create huge problem for my colleague as he kept his car in Kolkata as his home is there and his family stay in kolkata.
    But for my case I have to take delivery here (where I work and stay in township which is 200 km away from Kolkata and 70 km away from Durgapur). So If my car also starts this type of trouble then I will be in a deep problem and totally have to depend on the RSA which will come from the dealer in Durgapur. So if the Durgapur dealer want to take revenge(already the sales manager hinted about that) then it can make my life miserable. I know the durgapur dealer have to send RSA but it can create problem in different way. That is why I am worried so much.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

With so much worries in your head, I would suggest don't buy Fiat cars.
    No point buying a car, with so much apprehension.