1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Linea Active petrol, but now I am in great dilemma!!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by mkm2010, Jan 2, 2011.

1. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Re: Booked Linea Active petrol, but now I am in great dilemm

Wow Desel and petrol , thats one question i wont be able to anser . Since my running is also about the same I also bought the petrol .
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

mkm, as you said if it is highway use , how long it would be if chances are like 500km in a month still you can have diesal car if concerned about running cost and offer you are getting on new car.

diesal car is would be bit noisy,little bit high on maintenance costs, but very easily drivable,and lower fuel expenses

if it is petrol you can enjoy more silent cabin,smoother rides,and needless to say petrol is bit expensive

most of the time petrol cars remain hassle free!!

just work out.
  3. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur

My running will be 200 to 250 km at astretch and back from there after one or two days. This schedule will be once in a month. But after that there may be gap of a week or more. After that again may be run for 100 to 150 km. So after all the running it will be around 800 km. In some months it maybe less.
    Also i am thinking about the maintenance cost. Its how far more than a petrol one? Also how far frequent maintenance is required for a diesel compared to petrol car? The nearest service center is 70 km away from my home.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

mkm , petrol would be better for you. go for 1.4l .
  5. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)

Hey Pal!!

I have an Active 1.2 Petrol and it gulps petrol though I get an average of 14. Buy A diesel as it does not dig a hole in your pocket compared to a petrol version. The petrol prices keep shooting up and currently in Mumbai it is Rs60.56/=.

The only reason I bought a petrol is because my daily run is just 10 klms, but it hurts when I want to go out of the city or on a long drive or for a vacation.

I still sugest a Dark Color compared to the white !!
  6. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

Punto Emotion Pack Prices (Pune )

Petrol : 603508
    Diesel : 682834

A difference of 80, 000 Rs . Going by today petrol price of approx Rs 60 . 80, 000Rs translates into 1,334 Lts of petrol . Assuming you get a fuel efficiency of 10 Kmpl with a petrol car you would have covered roughly about 14000 Kms with these 80000 Rs . Since you said you will be driving the car occasionally , petrol would be a better option because as far as I know Diesel is good when your daily running is very high . This is the math that I did when I bough my car and these were the premises that I considered when I bough my car .
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

oops I considered the price of 90 HP. the price of Diesel MJD is 649000 ( approx )
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Congrats Mr MKM. I am glad that your issue has been resolved by Mr Sharma and others. ::T
    About petrol vs diesel, if you are ok with it (extra Rs40000), go for the 1.3MJD.

Your monthly running is good enough for petrol. Diesel is not being recommended just because of cheaper fuel. I mean, extra Rs40000 will get you a diesel fuelled car with cheper fuel and higher fuel economy, a turbo equipped car with 197NM torque at 1750rpm.

Monthly running increases later after buying a new car in some cases as well.
    The difference between petrol and diesel variant of opther cars is much higher. e.g. Swift (Rs80000), i20 (Rs1.10 lacs) and so on. Here in case of Punto, you are spending just Rs40000 more. I think the rule of 1000km/month can be relaxed to 600km/month.
  9. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur

Thanks Paddleshifter.
    Yes! Mr. Sharma helped me out. And that sales manager landed on earth!!!
    Now as per mr. Sharma also confirmed that no 1.4 Punto emotion / emotion pack is available in Tuscan wine/red/black at this moment. These cars will be available from 1st week of feb'11 with higher price tag and also with less discount. So a PUNTO 1.4 emotion will cost around 600000/- to 610000/- (assuming the first yr insurance free). Now as I am getting a october 2010 made diesel Punto emotion in 620000/- or may be less. Thats why I am thinking about this.
  10. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur
    Re: The dilemma continues!!!

Guys, The dilemma still continues......
    In previous posts I told about talking with Mr Madhur Sharma. He has done a teleconference with me and the Sales Manager of B. D. Motors, Durgapur, West Bengal. I told that being a Fiat fan Ill go for a Fiat car but not from that dealer. Mr. Dutta(the sales manager) now agreed and told that I need to submit an application. As per him cancelation charge will be Rs. 2000 to Rs. 2500 and he will come to my home to take the application. I waited for 7 days and called him every day but he couldnot come. So I went to the showroom and submitted the application on 13th Jan, 2011. As per his request I wrote on the application that the cancelation is due to my family problem. He assured that Ill get my cheque back on 19th Jan, 2011.
    Starting from 18th Jan I called Mr. Dutta almost every day, but still I havent got my money back. He is stating different reasons for that. Some times trying to convince me to take car and so many other reasons. At 24th Jan I went to their showroom(80 km away from my home) and asked for my money. But still cheque was not ready. Again promised me to ready my cheque within 28th January but still I am waiting for my cheque. Every time I called him, he promised me to call me back but it never happened. Now he is not taking my calls.
    I am totally frustrated and depressed. After discussion in this forum I was ready to buy a TUSCAN WINE PUNTO 1.3 from LEXUS Motors, Kolkata. But the extended offer got away from my hand. Also Mr. Dutta of B. D. Motors came to know that I had talk with Lexus Motors of Kolkata and though he never denyed to give servicing but hinting several times that as B. D. Motors is the nearest service center, I will not get good service if I take a car from any other dealer.
    I dont know what will happen with my money. I am totally helpless now. The proud of owning a FIAT has gone away. Being a FIAT fan I have never expected such bitter experience with FIAT. Mr Rajiv Dutta done this type mess with my colleague also.

I have already sent mail to Mr. Ashis Bharadwaj and Narendra Sharma of FIAT stating the matter in details.

Dont know what will happen.