1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Linea Active petrol, but now I am in great dilemma!!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by mkm2010, Jan 2, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Booked Linea Active petrol, but now I am in great dilemm

Just talk to some senior salesman/manager at the dealership tomorrow.
    Educate them that you had raised your budget for Linea Active just because of the tuscan wine color and that 7 lacs is not a small amount. Educate them that red is not tuscan wine.

Ask them if this is correct practice to fool a customer. Ask the manager about his views on his salesman when he said that "Its tuscan wine but it is called flamenco red"

See what they have to say. If they decide to set things right, its good. Else, contact the Fiat corporate team. Give the dealership a chance to set things right.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

I don't understand this. What is "billing of the car"? Unless 100% payment is received, the car is not registered by the dealership. And they are anyway getting a minimum of 3.5% p.a. interest for the Rs.50000/- they have kept the the time being.
  3. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur

Today I have talked over hone with the sales manager and try to solve out the matter.
    But today he told me that the colour is TUSCAN WINE!!!! And he is sure about it!!!. I told him that open the fiat website and see the colour difference. He promised to ring back after confirmimng. After 3 hrs I called him and ask him about it. After lots of argument, he said there is no colour like tuscan wine he have ever seen. But at least agreed that it is different colour. Then I told him that i dont want any linea now. i want my Punto 1.4 emotion in Tuscan wine colour. I will pay the extra Ex-Showroom price(if increased). But other discounts and offer need to be same as cancelation is not due to my fault. He told he can place order for Punto 1.4 Tuscan wine but cant assure about the discounts. I have to pay all the extra charge according to new scheme from tata motors which is likely to come within 2-3 days. I asked about the cancelation charge. As per him if I take any other car from them he can convince his senior official for very nominal cancelation charge. But if I want to take the money back the cancelation charge will be at least 12000/- to 15000/-.
    And Again tried to push the same linea saying some sales words...
    But I told him I will go for PUNTO 1.4 emotion in TUSCAN WINE colour only, tell me about the new scheme after that Ill decide.
    Now guys what shoud be my next step? Thisn dealer is the only tata fiat dealer in durgapur, west bengal. Please need your valuable advice.
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Redbull- My salesman had offered something similar. He said that if I want a BS-IV Punto 1.4 petrol, then I will have to place an order as only BS-III was readily available in Chandigarh earlier this year. He said he will do the online billing while the car is in transit and I can arrange for the car loan in the meanwhile. Obviously, I refused. PDI is a must do thing.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

@mkm: did you got in touch with the FIAT Sales team, this dealer / salesperson need to be taught some lesson. He is taking customers on unwanted ride based on some cunning policies at his side. Speak to FIAT team, they are very co-operative and would ensure that no other customer is treated the same way as you have been. Thankfully you are well educated and net savy to get in touch with TFI, there are many who might have got conned by this dealer and would have bad feeling for FIAT at large.

@Mods: Could you report MKM's case to the right authorities if you have the needfull contact details. MKM share more details with mods and they might be able to do more for you.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

No doubt he is a big idiot. Did you ask him why he was so sure about Tuscan wine earlier?
    What does he say when you tell him that you increased your budget by 1 lacs and decided to buy Linea Active just for the Tuscan wine color and thanks to a loser like him, the December offer slipped from your hand?

Talk to some senior official at the dealership and tell them about the goof up their salesman has created and most importantly, do not pay any cancellation charges. Why are you still talking to this fraud?
    Visit the dealership and ask for some senior manager or GM or someone.
    Talk to him tomorrow only. See what they have to say and report the matter to FIAT India tomorrow, if they tell you that there will be cancellation charges.

Thats the first good step you have taken. Do not worry. There is always some new offer every month. Be positive. You'll be getting a 2011 model instead of 2010 model as well.

This time, make sure that you ask for VIN number and make sure you get a 2011 manufactured Punto.
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

To Mr. MKM,

After reading your post, i felt dealer executed set of pre-defined steps in order to sell out an old car or car with some issues. Why should you go for Linea if you were looking for Punto. Just have a look on the whole process. In which condition he took you in stock yard? Low light. In which condition car was shown to you? covered by dust. How quickly he billed this car to you? one of the fastest billing. It leaves some doubt in my mind.

Call to FIAT's top management and explain this issue in detail. Also, don't buy car from this dealer now if you have any other dealer. This would give complete freedom to buy as per your wish. You are investing your hard earned money then invest it as per your wish and requirement not per dealership.
  9. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

HI Mkm,

What I want you to do now is start getting all these verbal conversation in emails . That will the proof incase you wanna take up these guys . Write emails to the fiat officials about the whole episode , please get them involved . And for gods sake stop being so relaxed , stop talking on the phone to these guys , you must go over to the showroom and deal with these guys . Phone is not the right way to deal with this .
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

mkm2010,
    i dont want to see you lose a single penny out of this deal. the man you are dealing is third degree fraud . when it comes to money dealing with car dealers i had made sure that even rs.90 /- is not small enough for me to compromise, if it comes to whopping rs.12000 , i will ask that guy to be prepared to get his bones broken for giving me nonesense.
    such fraudulant people are definitly everywhere. a small incidence, ..
    i went to td hyundai i20 the sa was woman. she asked me which car i own, i pointed to my 1 week old punto and said that is my car. she started bit abusive about fiat and its stand in indian market and said "with couple of kilometers you will have lot of problems so sell it off when it is new and take hyundai cars, i was amused and said "shut up, that is my property . mind your words when you speak to me about my car." i saw her sweating. she came to her senses and said sorry and continued with her demo.

when i was purchasing my punto i was opting for tuscan wine , but the dealer was out of stock. so he tried hard to convince me for linea tuscan wine. i kept listening and finally , ok i will take linea , but for the price of punto. can you do that.? he realised it is not easy to fool around.
    but yes i purchased bosa nova white. as tuscan wine is too sensitive to scratches and swirlings.