1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Linea 2012 Emotion Diesel – excitement turned sour - Now delivered!!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by gonugupta, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,

I have booked Linea 2012 Emotion (D) Sunbeam Beige color on 02-Jun-2012 with Oberoi motors sec-1, Noida. I have waited for this moment for last two years and finally it came and I was too excited.
    While making booking I was told about available offers alongwith the "Value Pack" offer where-in I have to pay Rs. 5000 for insurance amount & RSA 50 months.
    Booking was done and I got the commitment form and delivery date is 15-Jun-2012.

Yesterday (06-Jun) I got a call from Oberoi motors saying that offers for June month are out and "Value Pack" is not part of June month's offer. I asked what does that mean to me? Sales person said as of now he's not sure as he's taking up this matter to higher management so that the bookings made during 1st to 5th June should not get impacted but still he's informing me about the removal of offer. So what I understood is, even though he said that he's discussing with senior management but in worst case I have to shell out around 30K more for insurance if Fiat/Tata mgmt decides to make June month's offers applicable to all booking done in June.

But if this happens then this makes no sense to me! If Fiat wants to make applicable a particular month's offer from the 1st of that month than it should be publish by last day of previous month so that customers making booking on 1st onwards should have a clear picture of all the offers available rather than getting to know about new offers at a later stage.

As per sales person they have made 7 bookings between 1[SUP]st[/SUP] to 5 June (3 with Oberoi Noida and 4 with Fiat caffe, CP, Delhi) under "Value Pack" offer and they are informing all those Customers.

Request all of you to guide me: will an offer that publishes to dealership on 6th June be applicable to all bookings made between 1st to 5th June? Does this make any sense?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Did the sales person give you the offer in writing? If then you can mail it to Fiat India.
    Can you tell us the details of the offer(including the period) that the sales person offered to you.
    If the sales person has told about the wrong offer, then I think Fiat will not be able to provide it.
    But in that case if you want, I feel you should be able to cancel the booking.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

you are absolutely right. But are u sure that fiat offer for june came on the said date or was it before.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    do this..
    If you dont have anything in writing then go to the showroom and under the sales execs nose just talk to him and ask him why he brought up this issue of value pack.
    All the while simply record the conversations.
    Then speak to the manager of that showroom, make sure they talk about the value pack out loud and you record every statement .. That way you can still have some sort of proof that the manager/sales exec did dupe you into selling a car under value pack.

Now once you fight it out with them just mail the fiat execs with the recordings you have, If even that does not work you always have the consumer forum to take them to.
    this way even though you dont have anything in writing you can still claim genuinely ;-)
  5. Thanks all for prompt reply/suggestions!

Yes, I have in writing. When I gave cheque for confirm my booking, sales person gave me a commitment form where in the complete calculation was done and it was mentioned that Insurance Amount - Free.

Offer details are:
    Insurance amount Rs 33000 and Extended warranty (2+2) Rs 5000 - this sums up to Rs 38000. Now under value pack I need to pay only Rs 5000 to have my insurance and Extended warranty both instead of paying Rs 38000.

I am not sure of offer period because when my booking was done I was told that this is the current offer alongwith the exchange bonus Rs 20K.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely take this up with Fiat if sales person confirms that I need to pay 30K for insurance as I have the earlier offer in writing from sales person. Infact I have written a mail to Florina Kamble, waiting for response from her.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

I came to know about the dates from sales person who called yesterday (06/06) to inform me that new offers are out today (06/06) and Value Pack is not a part of June month's offer.

theblack - I have in writing, I will definitely take this up with Fiat once I get a confirmation on offer.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My suggestion is to write a mail to fiat india including Mangesh and attach the scan copies of the invoice and commitment form and all that was promised...
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

try to fight for it..if nothing goes, threaten u will cancel the booking.. at least might get u some discount...
  8. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Fine, since you have the thing in writing from the dealer, please mail with a scanned copy of the same to Mangesh Kodalkar and Rajiv Kapoor (CEO). You may also threaten them for cancellation of the order.

I happened to interact with the Fiat dealer at my place and came to know of this offer for June, but I was also told that the company has increased the exchange bonus by 20K as compensation, so it does not make any difference here. Also, the insurance amount (from Future Generalli) here was something around 18K and not 30K, as you mentioned.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  9. As per customer care I talked to last night, they have increased the exchange bonus from 20K to 30K. I am already getting bonus of 20K but not sure if they will pass on this additional 10K bonus to me or not. I feel they should if they rollback the comiited offer from my booking.

I will check from Future Generalli. But as per tata inhouse insurance the amount shows Rs 33K (on Fiat's price broucher).

Thanks for information. It has again lighten up my hopes to keep the booking and get my love of 2 years!!

But overall such thing should not happen, it actually leaves a very bad taste.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

they said it was 22k for punto.. but in my insurance it shows 12k
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.