1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Fiat Punto Evo Emotion 75 HP

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Janarthana S K, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi All,

I recently joined the forum and I live in Chennai. I was looking to buy a hatchback and after reading some great stuff written here (and a couple of other sites) about Fiat cars and Fiat Punto in particular, I shortlisted Fiat Punto also along with Etios Liva and Swift too. I was more inclined in favor or Punto at this point itself, but still wanted to check all these vehicles for myself before taking a decision. After test driving all these vehicles and considering space and features I decided to go ahead with Punto only. May be it was more of a heart decision, but I also thought Punto was VFM too.

I have gone ahead and booked a Punto Evo Emotion 75 HP Model - Exotica red and eagerly waiting for its delivery.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 26, 2015 ---
    There was a problem in the address proof that I submitted because of which there has been a delay in the delivery. The pin-code was wrong in the address proof because of which the dealer had generated form-20 with a different RTO (for the wrong PIN). That RTO has mentioned that, this address will not come under their jurisdiction. Then dealer initiated a cancellation on the form-20 already generated. It was initiated on 21/8 and it has been 4 working days since they initiated the cancellation and so far nothing has happened. The dealer is telling that only after cancellation goes through, they will be able to generate a new form 20 with a different address proof and proceed with the registration. And they are still not sure when the cancellation will happen. They keep telling that the delay is because of RTO.

It is hard for me to believe that a mere cancellation will take that more than 4 days in RTO. Can someone throw more light on this process? They were supposed to deliver the car by 21/8 and now I am running out of patience because there is no clear delivery date still.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    This problem is kind of resolved. Now the delivery date has been set as Sept 1st. Hope there won't be further delay.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 29, 2015 ---
    I was watching Cars 2 today and spotted Puntos and abarths in some scenes in the movie.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    bharath, ghodlur, Pradeepms and 3 others like this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Janarthana S K : welcome to Team Fiat. Congrats on booking Evo! Do start an ownership review once you get the delivery.
    Happy motoring!
  4. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi All,
    I have got delivery of my car in the middle of the week and I have driven it for about 500 kms so far. I found it difficult to operate the clutch initially because of its long travel and was not comfortable with the space between foot rest, Clutch and brake pedals. After 4 days now I am more comfortable and started enjoying the drives. I am also slowly getting used to the gear ratios of the car.

One small doubt: I tried to take it closer to the 2500 RPM a couple of times in the fifth gear and i feel the engine is getting strained. I assume it is because it is still early days and the engine has to set in. Please let me know if this is fine. Otherwise I am trying not to exceed the 2K RPM mark even though in the first and second gears it is very difficult. I have to quickly change gears from 1->2->3 to stay below 2K. Hoping that it will improve over a period of time.

Some initial pics of my Punto Evo Emotion :)

FullSizeRender2.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 6, 2015 ---
    Pics:

FullSizeRender3.jpg

up1.jpg

up2.jpg

up3.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @janarthana-s-k,Had been to Apollo,chennai from 27/08-29/08.Saw many GPs and one red EVO.

Congrats on your new EVO.The engine will open up gradually,don't worry.And try to stay in the turbo rev zone.Cheers.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations !!! for the Red beauty Evo
  7. raghava rao

raghava rao Timido

Chennai, Velachery
    Velachery, Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on your new Punto evo. Happy driving...
  8. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats and enjoy the beast and beauty at its best
  9. Janarthana S K

Janarthana S K Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Bad News: Some kids in the neighbourhood playing cricket have shattered the rear windshield. They were playing with plastic ball. Wondering how a plastic ball can shatter a windshield, even though I don't know how hard the ball was :(.

Ramkay fiat service is quoting around 6500/- for this without insurance. Can someone with knowledge on these prices confirm if this is fine?
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Dear @Janarthana S K : Please check the parts price from 99rpm.com.
    Just for the parts alone, it costs about 1640/- (They will charge shipping in addition to it). Labour will be in addition to it. You may even fit it outside FASS. What is the arrangement with the boys? Will they pay?