1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Fiat Punto Evo 1.2 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by renjithlal, Dec 13, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Guys,
    If you are referring to the rubber type mud flaps then I would prefer them anytime over the plastic ones sold by Fiat. The area of protection given by the rubber mudflaps are far more than the plastic ones. I have seen the kind of muck which gets splashed on the doors where the plastic flaps are used especially during monsoons.

The rubber flaps do tend to rub the tyres if the screws holding them have fallen off, I too did face the issue but replaced the screws and was good to go.
    mangeshtendulkar and rishike007 like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The plastic one looks cool when you are having a wider profile tyres. I'm using the rubber one from last 3 years now & now reaching towards 70k kms no issues. In fact in rains the car is well protected than the plastic ones.
    ghodlur likes this.
  3. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Thank u for the advise, yeah in a sense u r right. but the transfer came to me unexpectedly. And we have almost finished the talks with the dealer when the transfer came. Transfers would be effective at the end of this year around Dec 28-30. So in January I would not be getting any of these present offers., more over there will be price hike also for all the models. Practically it is difficult to book the vehicle in the place of transfer, without personally visit the dealer of that place. So I thought of proceeding with the deal. And as per the same, we have to get the vehicle within 3 days of booking, and as per the same I'll having around 11 days for getting my tranfers. I think that may be just enough (hope so) to address any initial issues of the vehicle, if any. As promised, the dealer have given me the VIN No. MCA11847D07060362KJZ today. He says car has not yet reached the station but is in transit. Hopefully it will reach tomorrow. And I can have a PDI tomorrow/day after tomorrow. Another doubt, the Engine Code: 11847D, is it of Dynamic Petrol 2014 ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2014 ---
    Thanks for the piece of advise, what could be the price for changing tyres from 165/80 to 185/70 R14? During delivery itself should we seek for the change of tyres by the dealer themself?
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the piece of advise, what could be the price for changing tyres from 165/80 to 185/70 R14? During delivery itself should we seek for the change of tyres by the dealer themself?[/QUOTE]

Well i got a set of 4 Michelin XM2s (185/70 R 14) for ~INR 11,500 (this is inclusive of the buy-back price for the original 165/80 R 14 JK Tornadoes) from Madhus. You may proceed to get the tyres changed after taking delivery. Madhus Enterprises are one of the best shops out here in Bangalore for tyre and related stuff.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. juyalamit

juyalamit Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi renjith
    MCA11847D07060363KJZ!! Dats the VIN code for my recently booked punto evo. Doesnt that make us neighbors!
    Im sure by now that pretty Italian beauty is keeping u good company. Tell us the experience so far. Also share the things to look for at the time of delivery.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @juyalamit, yeah juyalamit, the Italian black beauty is now with me. I posted some photos in my new thread @ownership reviews under punto 1.2. And of course, ur punto evo is my sweet near neighbour, its exciting !!! I am not at all an expert regarding the delivery details. And I owe a lot for this forum..so many tips in pre-purchase thread and all was a real help. Try to atleast see the vehicle before the delivery in dealer yard. And do a PDI. I asked for a drive during PDI but they did n't give. Atleast just see the vehicle for any scratches, verify ur VIN No., sit inside the car, rear & front seat, switch on and see the dials & warning signs, see whether all the electric instruments are working decently, lights, wiper, fog lamps/lamps, indicators, horn etc. See the central lock is working. In my case, they were telling, the Central lock key will not be given at the time of delivery but after at least a couple of days and only their another team from fiat will deliver the key to us at home, and rather spare key only will be given. The explanation they were offering was that central key will not come with the vehicle and once its delivery is confirmed then fiat team will give us the central key directly to the customer. I didn't know, whether it is true/not? ...But I insisted for immediate delivery of central key also. Fortunately during PDI I went to dealer yard with another guy, who were not our sales executive. In fact my asking they came with both keys and showed me how it works and all. When back to dealer showroom, our executive was still maintaining the same position. I put him cross-checked with the guy who accompanied for my PDI. After his vouching that both keys are already there, executive guy accepted my request (what type of sales executive & business....I wonder).

By the way, which version ur evo is? What colour? Do post clicks once during delivery and further updates...All the very best.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Good on you, and btw welcome to TFi, @juyalamit!
    What colour, which engine and which dealer, if you will?

cheers man
  8. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
  9. juyalamit

juyalamit Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @renjithlal @prabhjot ever since i've dreamt of owning a car, punto has always been right at top of my list. and the launch of punto evo made it even more simpler. i've booked 1.2 dynamic petrol magnesio grey from Kashyap Fiat Caffe. loved glitterati gold too. but i guess that would have made those girls stare more at my car than me..dealer says that the car is in transit. eagerly waiting to get that engine running!
    this forum seems quite some fun. will update with more details soon. cheers.
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi juyalamit,Welcome to TFI & congrats on your booking of the mg beauty.Post your delivery experience to help other prospective owners.