1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Fiat Punto Evo 1.2 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by renjithlal, Dec 13, 2014.

1. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    After a lot of research, finally I decided to settle for 1.2 Dynamic (Hip Hop Black). Had a lot of competition with Polo. But at the end of the day, Rs.20,000/- Cash Discount sealed the deal (+free Insurance) And of course 'no stock' statement from the Polo man. Even with a Rs.18,000/- cash discount booking in December he was not sure of delivery on this month but on January only and may be without the discount (=January hike). And I am moving out of Bangalore on job transfer December end. So wanted to take a Punto with me this/next week. Fiat Caffe, Bangalore, first told me the same thing that there is no stock in offer. On booking, they will get the car at least by 15 days. By that time my transfer would be over and will be sitting out of Bangalore. After a hectic discussion between the sales rep & Manager they finally told me a new one petrol Dynamic is in transit from Pune., which they mistakenly booked from the company !!! But the color is only Black and not white which I sought. But promised to deliver it within 3 days from day of booking...fine. Black is also ok for me...now waiting ...
    rishike007, himanshu4886 and prabhjot like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @renjithlal

Cheers to you and your choice. The Evo 1.2 Fire is as hotly eye-catching as it is tough sturdy etc etc. Clearly the better car than the pretty poor 1.2 petrol (not TSi) on the cramped Polo. FASS, warranties etc are just plain cheaper and better too, from my experience, however limited.

all the best man, post updates!
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @renjithlal !! Keeps us updated of the happenings and start an ownership thread once you get your car.
  4. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats for the deal. Black looks stunning. One piece of advice do call and confirm the shipment from dealer and if possible obtain vin and cross verify the same from FIAT.

In many a times they make excuses in the eleventh hours. Hope you got my point.

Good luck and share ownership review and bunch of pics.
  6. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    How to cross verify the VIN no. with Fiat
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 14, 2014 ---
    Also please tell me about the accessories, which we could seek from the dealer. Kindly advise me regarding the Central Lock System of Punto. Is it pre-installed or is it an accessory. Whether the dealer will give it as accessory? What's the price ? I've seen some trads advising for a wheel change from 165/80 R14 to R15. Is it really necessary? Will it not affect the warranty ? what could be the price?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @renjithlal

Frankly I feel you are hurrying things, this may leave some critical areas compromised. Good that you are interested in Punto but since you are going away from Bangalore, why the need to to book it from there itself? Doesn't the new location (if within the state) have a Punto dealer? Not to dampen your enthusiasm but if you don't get sufficient time to inspect the car, you might end up with issues for which the Bangalore dealer won't be of any help when moved to a new location. I would suggest think it over and if possible give enough time for the buying process.
  8. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Congratulations @renjithlal and welcome to the 1.2L Fire Petrol family. I also own the 1.2 Dynamic albeit the pre-facelifted version. Punto dynamic comes pre-installed with the Central Locking. You will get floor mats and mudflaps as standard accessory i suppose (kindly confirm it with the dealer though). Would advise you to go for the genuine Fiat plastic mudflaps instead of the freebie provided by the dealer; would cost ~INR 800 bucks for a set of four (please confirm the final price with the dealer). Would advise you to change the tyres from 165/80 to 185/70 config while retaining 14'' rims. 185/70 tyres would provide you much better grip than the skinny 165/80 tyres. You may look at Michelin XM2's, Yoko C Drives, MRF ZLOs etc for tyre replacement. Would urge you to replace tyres as soon as possible as it will fetch you a higher value during buy-back.

Enjoy your ride and let us know of the ownership experience.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats @renjithlal as mentioned by fellow member @ghodlur you need to inspect the car thoroughly to avoid the PDI issues.
    There will be some alignment concern. Do the alignment check during delivery itself. Also confirm all rattling issues during delivery process only as 1.2 is very silent & a small rattle will ruin the fun.
    ghodlur likes this.
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @renjithlal

what unleash_thunder is saying about Fiat mudflaps is true.

i had got the mudflap as freebie when i bought the car but after 1 year the mudflaps were bent and was rubbing my the tyres on hair pin curves so had to change to "Fiat plastic mudflaps".
    unleash_thunder likes this.