1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Fiat Linea MJD Emotion TW @CAI-Coimbatore

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bharath, Oct 17, 2013.

1. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Hello Fiatians,

This is Bharath from Coimbatore and it is a pleasure to join the forum with people of passion ! I had booked the Linea MJD on Oct-9 at CAI,Comibatore and has been told that the car would arrive from the factory by next wednesday or at the max of Friday (Due to some rain issues :confused:).I had a clean experience with them since the time of showroom visit(while construction :D) ,TD (they brought to my company campus :eek:) and till now.I hope this continues throughout my journey with my darling :cool:.I will share my post delivery experiences,PDI,photos once the delivery is done.

Thanks to the teamfiat forum for giving me enough confidence to buy a FIAT inspite of many hurdles that any Fiat buyer faces.

Some History:
    I started reading the auto stuffs since the time I bought my Yamaha Fazer ,entered the car arena and since then its been only Fiat that has impressed me and noody else.It has always wondered me why there are two ultimate poles.The ones who love Fiat:p and the other who hate it :( and both the group do their very best:rolleyes:.So after 2+ years of study I got a fair idea of whatcar,which company,who can and cant.At one point of time,I was diverted to Fiat and since then I have been a mad follower of Fiat reading about Punto,Linea,500,500L,Living,downloading youtube ads,car shows(all fiats) and much more mad activities.
    I always wanted a car the way my bike handles.Pleasure for the driver but not so so for the back seaters:evilsmile.So after driving Maruti 800,Swift for few kms (not owned by us) ,the Linea is going to be our first Fiat,first car,first Italian,first robust machine to land our home:cool:..I hope this makes me and my family happy for another 50 years..Yes corr:cool:ect..So I have to enjoy with my Jap till the Italia arrives

Yamaha Fazer.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Bharath.

What color did you opt?
  3. vkgudi

vkgudi Timido

New Delhi
    Hi,gr8... I purchased 1.3 MJD Emotion on 12 Oct ...Tuscan Wine. Do remember to ask for max discount.... Bargain for Autocop Reverse Parking Sensors with camera and have it fitted at the showroom for warranty issues. As B&M gives u hands free calling via Bluetooth....if u plan for a navig sys take one w/o wireless/Bluetooth connectivity.
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Hi Ram ..thank you..I should have mentioned Tuscan Wine instead of TW in the subject line :)
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My bad. Didn't pay much attention with the title and read only your post. :D
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore

Hi vk, IF you dont mind Can you let me know your onroad proce with breakups ? Below is the breakup so far given by them:
    10k is the advance I paid during booking.
    Initial Onroad : 11,32,302
    Discounts: 1L (exchange bonus) + 15K Insurance +5K (corporate discount) +3k (accessories discount-they said they will reduce this during the payment)
    Final Onroad: 1009302

I asked my SA about the accessories and he said that he would take care of it at the end:rolleyes:..I opted to believe him as he promptly brought the TD vehicle to my campus and seemed to be a nice guy throughout..Please share the accessories list that I have the right to demand them..
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Bharath,

Congratulations for your new car. I booked mine on 19th September and got delivered today. Color Tuscan Wine. Following is the breakup.

On Road Price: 11,34,000 (approx)
    Discounts: 1L (exchange bonus) + 2L (for my old car)
    Net Payment: 8,34,000

Looks like you got discount around 18K more than mine. I booked the car on a day they have offered some discount like LCD TV/Washing Machine/Gold Coin etc. But I have asked them to give me a DVD player with monitor (in the front seat headrest) as free of cost along with discount of labor charge for the floor mat (PVC mat from boot to front seat).
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Dhaya.

Wow, I was expecting mats,mud flaps but shocked to see they offered home appliances :shocked! But I remember their messages to me offering gold coin during akshaya tritiya period.I am not sure how well they are going to equip the car but I wish the following..

1)Mud flaps, Mats ( This is standard anyway)
    2)Door sills
    3)Car cover (Fiat branded)
    4)Neck Rest
    5)Not sure what more :confused !!!

I am sure of the below future updates once the car settles down 5k km and these are not cosmetics but could change the entire car!
    1) Pre 2012 suspensions (Read enough but I prefer the car sits little lower 170mm and the older handling as well..I dont want compromise on negligible body roll,stiffness and whatever said )
    2) Race Chip Tuning Box road%20rage.gif (Still not sure whether this would hurt the engine in the long turn and remap is the best solution :anyone )
    3) Speaker Upgrade with Subwoofer (As usual :grin:)
    4) Not particular about tyre,horn,5th alloy wheel,headlamps upgrades for sometime

Any valuable ideas are welcome as always :smile:
  9. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Bharath,

I am getting Mud Flaps, Car Cover as free accessories. I am going with the following additional accessories,

1. Door Sil (LED)
    2. Floor Mat (end to end, PVC type and Labor charge free)
    3. Monitor with DVD Player (Free of cost)
    4. Rain Visor
    5. Rev Parking Sensor

All the accessories will cost around 12.5K, and I am planning to accommodate in 8K. Let me see my luck.

I thought of getting a sub-woofer, but decided against because it could consume some amount of the trunk space. Planning to get projector head lamps and MMI after 6 months. Checked the neck rest, here they have neck rest with "Punto" written on it :eek:. So I decided not to go for it. Regarding tyre, I will leave it as it is now, after 30K kms done, I will change it to Continental (new model which comes with new technology), I am comfortable with Continental for more than 3 yrs now with my old car.

Later I will see what else I can go for it.
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Dhaya, I have few questions:

1) Is the exchange/loyalty ,insurance offers void after this month ?I am adviced today to pay before on or before Oct-31 to avail the discounts.
    2) Reverse parking sensors - I am just not able to tolerate that they will drill my car :sadblue.I understand the usage of this equipment anyway.Can they do it properly?I hope this is body coloured and not black.
    3)Can you elaborate the MMI part ? Is it a touchscreen mounted above the dashboard,can it handle the gps ?Brand ?This jsut made me curious :rolleyes:
    4) Do you have plans to lower the GC to pre2012 setup as I am not just loving the hooked up looks of current Linea and I read that it does not handle equally as that of pre2012 manufactured cars.I just want every bit of handling:redcar