1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Fiat Avventura but not so happy :(

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sheldor, Apr 4, 2015.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @Sheldor: Congratulations on your booking. Which dealer did you book the car from?
  2. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @N Kiran I booked the car from AV motors.

Folks,
    I have settled for a 2014 model Red Avvy. Today completed the bank formalities and the date is given as 20th April.

One doubt though, for loan processing SA got Rs.4500 as stamp duty charges for a loan amount of 7 lakhs. Is this normal?
    Processing fee is completely waived off.
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Awesome, another Red Avvy on the road! Bring it on and do some serious posing!

The loan processing fee is something entirely upto the bank. And I think the stamp fee is set by the local state government. All taxes are now expensive in Telangana. So tough luck on that. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    prabhjot, sandipan_r15 and asimpleson like this.
  4. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello folks, I was in for a surprise today when SA called me up and informed that the car has reached the garage and is available for PDI (I was expecting the car only by next week). PDI went well and there were a few scratches here and there (nothing major and barely visible) and they promised to fix it before delivery tomorrow. Unfortunately they didn't let me to drive the car. Everything else was fine. A big day tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

SA said he would visit my home after a couple of week and explain the car's features.

SA also said that FIAT have removed the "extended warranty" for new cars and will inform me once it is introduced again. Should I be worried? Any reasons why FIAT would that?
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Sheldor

Great to hear. All the best.

Who knows? Not the slightest cause for worry, one would think, after all the standard warranty is class leading by a distance, and the spares and other ASS charges are better/equal to the segment-best too. They might be working out the economics and modalities for a fresh extended warranty program, which should come in at some point?

cheers
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Sheldor : That is nice to hear. After my lousy buying experience, this is a refreshing change. A whole week early! Don't worry about the scratches if they are minor. Just wax the car after you get it and those scratches are hidden.

Even I am waiting to get the extended warranty. Let's see how it turns out. Meanwhile, all the very best for a long satisfying ownership
    Sheldor likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Sheldor, is it not a time to edit the title of this thread(not so happy part) ?
    Come up with updates man .
    Sheldor likes this.
  8. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Tornado sure, will come up with updates. Not having enough time to updates.

I'm very happy now :) Can mods help modify the thread title?
    Tornado likes this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congo, @Sheldor, atleast post some pics of D day. It's so easy to do on tapatalk.
  10. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Plz share the mileage figures too:) congrats on your new car