1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Fiat Avventura but not so happy :(

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sheldor, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot everyone for responding. Just to clear my stance, I'm ready to wait for a red color (not everyday we buy a car and yes I don't want to "settle"). I just wanted to understand if the dealer is honest enough and FIAT can do anything to speed up things from their end.

@Vidhyashankar Kannan Thanks Shankar...will check out the red Avvy in person :)

@kgramesh Exactly, having read too many stories across forums, may be I'm being paranoid :p

What kind of maintenance would be required to retain the shine and look?
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Sheldor

Good to hear. Fiat ownership commandment #1: Thou shalt not be paranoid!:p

About colours: I, for one, consider it a downright 'civic' duty to buy a 'colourful' car/bike/scooter. One is just sick of whites, greys on the roads, with a few blacks in there. At least here in the North.

Where are the yellows, light blues, reds, olive greens, glittering golds, royal blues, etc?! An index of something in our car culture (beyond the great fetish of 'ease' of maintenance), but what? OT, worth discussing further though, on another thread.

As if our 'public' spaces weren't drab and joyless enough, visually?! Even the famously visual-art trucks of yesteryear are drab monochrome nowadays, again at least in the North.

Like you and @Vidhyashankar Kannan , did my bit to enliven the city roads up: the t-jet's Sunbeam Gold and the Vespa's...yellow!:D

cheers
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat ownership commandment #2: If paranoid, thou shalt seek intervention from @joeswatmail's thread!:joyful:
  4. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : it has nothing to do with South and North. No matter how different all Indians are, the car colours remain drab. I have seen an olive green BMW only once. It was lovely. One look at the red and white Agusta and my heart flies. The main reason seems to be easy maintenance and better resale value. The safer path to tread. Heck, after 4 years, a red Avvy will have nearly no resale value. Too risky and the feeling that the driver is rash. But pride of ownership, now that is a whole different experience. Great to know that you have a gold colored car. And the yellow Vespa is really something.

Of course, if you ever plan to change your career to bank robbing, the red or gold car might be a wonderful homing beacon for the cops. :smuggrin:
  5. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dealer is saying that there are a few 2014 model xotica Red available an can be delivered within 2 weeks. SA also mentioned that only when the current inventory is cleared FIAT will start with the new batch so a confirmed date of 2015 manufactured vehicle is still not available.

Should I go ahead with 2014 make? What are the implications? One thing is that resale value but I'm not planning to sell it in the near future anyways.
  6. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Just recently my friend booked a 2014 Dynamic Avventura since the waiting time for Zeferanno orange was quite long. Infact being a 2014 maufactured he got a good discount on the price. As such there are no updates to it, hence I'd say getting a 2014 model should not be of any issue.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @kk27 any idea what is the discount that is being offered? My dealer is not offering any discounts :(
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Sheldor, no harm in getting a 2014 model a long as the PDI is satisfactory. However, I do feel that you should get discounts then.
  9. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I should thank @Vidhyashankar Kannan for spending his time by bringing his car to my place and helping with my doubts :)
    Needless to say, RED Avvy is definitely a looker!!!
  10. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I'm not too sure but it's to the tune of 40k around. Since it's 2014 it should definitely be offered with discount.