1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Fiat Avventura but not so happy :(

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sheldor, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello TFI members,
    First off, a huge thanks to this forum which helped me choose a FIAT when it was a chaos which hatchback to opt for.

To cut the story short, we went to the showroom to book a Punto but was bowled by the looks of Avventura, so Avventura it is!

We paid the booking amount of 25k and booked a Bronzo tan with a wait time of 2 weeks on March 10th. The next day, we saw Red Avvy in TFI forum (courtesy : @Vidhyashankar Kannan ) and fell in love with it. So I asked for a color change with the delaer for which they agreed with an additional wait time of 2 weeks.

Now here comes the problem, dealer says that Red color Avvy is not falling in the production batch now and there is no confirmed date when it will be available (can you believe this?). So the wait began. As I'm writing this, I was told I'd be getting the delivery by this month end or early next month.

I find it real hard to digest that red color is not falling in production batch? Is this really acceptable? Or is the dealer taking me for a ride by trying to sell the cars from his stockyard? All other colors are ready for delivery with in a week's time so we're told.

Regards,
    Sheldor
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    check out with the next dealer. Listen to what he has to say.

Abdul
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Sheldor, congratulations on booking the Avvy. Do not change your decision due to a dealer as dealer might aw well be right. I haven't seen any Red Avvy on the road and neither heard of more than a couple of people owning the Red one. It might well be the case that Fiat may not be coming out much with red color. Please write to Fiat India and seek clarification. Keep us updated, we are as excited as you are on the Red Avvy. ;)
    PradeepM, prabhjot and nibedk like this.
  4. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @jumu There are only 3 dealers in Hyderabad and one of them is shutting down. So out of the two, I'm already going with the better one. If I enquire the other guy, he says red color Avvy can be delivered within 2 weeks. That dealer has a very bad reputation and he might be making things up just to get the order.

@Saket Sidana Yes, that could be true and I'm already in talks with Fiat India. But whatever discussion we've had so far, they're aligning with dealer's opinion. I'm still trying to get the answer :(
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Sheldor, if you want only the Red color, then you might as well wait a bit. Had it been the case that you hadn't paid the booking amount before opting for the color change, you were in the driving seat. Now, it's better to stick to your stand on Red color and wait for additional time. I am sure you would get it as dealer was fine in taking your request, so wait a while and get the Red beauty. That wait would be worthwhile perhaps.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations
    Do not change your decision regrading your colour preference,even if it takes a little longer to get a car of a colour of your choice,please do wait.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Sheldor

I second Saket: that's maybe what you should do IF the red-ness of your Avventura is what you want so!;)

I don't blame you, the red sure is the quitessential colour for 'Italian' cars. Pity, then, that the Linea was never possible to acquire/experience in red, say what @Saket Sidana? :p

all the best
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, I am all for a Red or White Punto Evo. I got bowled over by its looks while I was evaluating Linea. Need to change my Santro in a couple of years and I have my eyes set on Evo. I am however, not sure if I would have liked Red in Linea, though Black was very much on the cards. I got little wary on maintaining the black color. My opinion is that red looks good in smaller cars. You have got my emotions rolling, stop that please else I might well go for the Evo very soon. ;)
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Sheldor : You have put me in a place of stress right now by deciding based on my photographs. I have had a very hectic month due to the March closing. I think you should take a look at my car thoroughly before deciding. I would advice you see the car in the flesh. If you don't like the red, you can always go back to Bronzo Tan. As @prabhjot has said, red looks good on Italian cars. Just yesterday, I drove up at a red light right next to a Red GP Punto. People were staring at both the cars in admiration. But I will also say that you need to like the color red to live with it. Sooo...

Give me a call. I will bring the car to your place tomorrow morning where you can see it for as long as you want. I know I wanted to come earlier too but was too tied up. And I don't want you to decide based on photos. So call me. And don't sacrifice on your choice of color like @Bala has said. Waiting an extra month is not going to make a big difference over 60 months of satisfied pride.

If you still like red, I suggest you wait. It is eye-popping and attracts a lot of "nazar".

@Saket Sidana : While the red is awesome on the Evo, I saw a waxed black Evo on the road. The bloody car was so reflective, it was nearly invisible! All I could see were those gorgeous rear lights moving by themselves. The driver was just cruising. It is a stunning color for the nights. Very engimatic. And yes, red looks good only in smaller cars or cars with less surface area. In fact, on the Avvy, it looks good because of the discontinuity due to the black cladding everywhere. Just my opinion.
    Mabams1826, limraj, N Kiran and 3 others like this.
  10. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    If maintained well, there is no other colour that is more attractive than Red. So, "Go for the Red".
    The dealer seems to be honest. The only thing he said was there is a waiting period for red colour which could well be true. Please don't be suspicious on the part of dealer though we tend to go that way reading all those horror stories on the forum.