1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Bossanova White 1.3 MJD Punto.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by sriramr9, Jan 30, 2012.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    panel_gap1.jpg panel_gap2.jpg

Hi All, Completed the PDI myself based on the checklist from Team FIAT, all was well, except one minor issue and one huge panel gap, in right hand side near the bonnet, wiper ending part. There is a 5mm panel gap, when compared to the other side which was perfect, the breach is, the black plastic that integrates with the side body does not meet the body , pictures attached, mod's please advice as how to make the dealer fix the issue before taking delivery. Is this do-able?

The second issue was a small chunk of white pain missing in the front bumper left hand side., the dealer promised to touch up when they prepare the vehicle for delivery,. fringers crossed and awaiting for your feedback top proceed further,

As of now requested dealer to fix the issue before delivery but as usual does not budge and is not interested to accept my feedback on this rather puishing me to take delivery saying no car is perfect all cars come with flaws, may be we can address in first service blah blah blah.
  2. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Posting the left hand side part of the bonet meeting the main body whihc was normal

Posting the left hand side part of the bonnet meeting the main body which was normal

no_gap_left_side.jpg no_gap1.jpg
  3. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I request you not to accept for the above mentioned issues. Ask dealer to get the new car else cancel your booking with the dealership and book at different dealership.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. if u can wait, cancel the booking or ask for another car. else, ask the dealer to fix the issues before registration.
  5. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    the dealer guy promises he will fix the issue prior to delivery, if the mod's can throw some insight as to whether this problem can be fixed ??? any experiecne in working woth panel gaps in bonnet area??

apart from this the other issues were the wiper blade was finding it difficult to find it way issue i found was the wiper blade was not moving freely, is it because of hardened rubber????
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  6. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All,

Today i am taking delivery of the car. The issues i had posted were corrected. The gap in the front bonnet and the body is corrected now. The procedure as told by the lead technician is as follows.

Unscrewed the bonnet. Worked on the left hand side angle that secures the bonnet and corrected it to the order of around 1.5mm-2mm, now the bonnet fits with a equal clearance on both sides and the uneven gap found during PDI day has vanished. But the black plastic casing that comes along with the wiper assembly could not be stretched on the driver side. Upon further inspection many punto's 2012/2011 also have that gap.

Prospective punto owners, please look for gaps all around and if you find it unacceptable, please dont hesitate the dealer for a different car or else ask them to fix the issue prior to registration. I gave a go ahead for registration once i was convinced with their job.

Having all this happened plus registration finally going to take delivery of the car with about 120kms in the odometer. I hope it;s not too high for a new car...
  7. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    Congrats Sriram!!

Good that you got the issue corrected before taking delivery..I bought my Punto MJD Emotion Pack in Nov 2011. There was a problem with my driver side power window, i noticed after reaching home, when i contacted my dealer next day he asked me to go to workshop since it required a technician. Since it was a small problem , i thought of getting corrected in my first service.

BTW, my odo reading was just 17km when i took the delivery.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012