1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Bossanova White 1.3 MJD Punto.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by sriramr9, Jan 30, 2012.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks one and all for the extended support. The Dealer is Concorde Motors Velachery, Chennai.

Got the VIN number yesterday. The Number ends with ALZ. I am not sure if it is Jan make still. From the TFI forum it sounds like Jan 2012.

Things done:
    1. Advance Paid --> Blocked vehicle -> Submitted for Loan sanction -> Got the VIN number.

The dealer guy says that they will allow us for the PDI only if we make the final settlement. Is there a way to ask them for PDI once loan gets sanctioned?

i am pretty confused as to how to ensure about the car to hassle free before making the final payment. As per their theory, if a VIN is attached to your name, whether good or bad that will be on the vehicle that will be delivered to you. come what may be it cosmetic issues or serious issues.

Kindly confirm

Sri Da: As discussed will confirm and call you for the PDI,
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Warm Welcome to TFI ..I booked my 90 HP MJD and when the vechile arrived the next day i had asked for PDI it was approved and did a full PDI with the list from TFI and then i had asked for couple additions and replacement which they did only after a weel or did the finance company gave them the DO. Mine was from VST chennai.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I think you can get the PDI done as you have paid the booking amount and can show them the loan papers which will be done in a couple of days, think there should not ne any issue,
    Do the PDI and check for the H mark on the Odometer.
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Sure Tony, The Car is in yard now, the distance between the yard and the showroom should be around 20 kilometers and rto is around 26kms up and down, so i feel the H mark should still be there if the car already clocked 200kms.

The advance payment is done (Booking amount + down payment). Looking forward to carry out PDI with my friend (90 hp owner).

Do you have any solution for Rat Menace inside Bonnet. Is Ratocop (mumbai based product) effective?
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    i have tied white tablets locally called (kapur) in a cloth pouch - hand made, two places inside the bonnet.
    Despite of this my windscreen washer pipe was bitten twice. Planning to pet a CAT now in the parking lot......
  6. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Went and made a preliminary PDI last night. the vehicle is yet to be registered and had been driven yard to showroom, the mileage indicated was 61KM on the odo with the H mark. Is 61 on higher side. He says for preliminary checks they will drive the vehicle, i suspect his word, but rest all looks fine with the plastic covers on all four seats.

My Alto K10 was delivered with 39 Kms on the odo.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its ok. Not an issue. There is no standard criteria for the number of Kms on odo. In Pune moreover, the cars are directly driven from factory to the stockyard as per one member so the number of Km do not hold any importance. The odo, thus varies from place to place and 61Km is acceptable.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  8. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Paddle for the clarification. I will post detailed report once i complete the PDI process tomorrow. Wish to take one more person but looks like i have to do it on my own.

Will post the pics if possible, i feel that should be of help for prospective punto owners on the pipeline. How to check for panel gaps ?
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There shouldn't be any misfitted panel gap. Panel gaps are normal for cars in this budget but they should be uniform through their entire length. It shouldn't be that panel gap at the top of the door is 2mm and increases to 5mm as the line comes down.

e.g. in the pic below, when you see the rear door, suppose you check panel gap from point 1 to point 2, the gap be as uniform as possible. It shouldn't vary much so as to appear misfitted/misaligned.
    Untitlede.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  10. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks a lot paddle. Will take this into consideration. for tomorrow's inspection. This has come real handy for me now. Any suggestions as to any particular area to be photographed in the interest of information providing for prospective buyers. please advice.