1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked Bossanova White 1.3 MJD Punto.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by sriramr9, Jan 30, 2012.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Hi Friends and Guru's,

After a long wait, finally went ahead and booked my long time desire 1.3 MJD 76 HP, BossaNova White FIAT Punto Emotion.

The best discount i could get was the insurance waiver of 22k and 4k (Road side assistance cost - A badge will be affixed in the car 24/7 and will be given a booklet). The Final price of the car excluding Sun film came to a billable amount of Rs. 7,63 L and odd. I was told by the sales guys that after he is through with the finance formalities he will get to know the VIN number which he said he will be emailing me.

Guru's please guide me through the PDI process, i know there is a detailed E-Booklet here but still would like to some tid bits that can help me complete the process smoothly.

Question: How to ensure the GC of the new Punto ??? Prior to booking we had a TD (I drove), the car was 2012 demo car with 970KM in the odo, with 5 adults and A/c i criss crossed through roads with sizable pot holes and in none of the cases there was a sign of the body brushing the ground. Is this the sign of an increased GC ??
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI Sriram!

Do post pics of your new ride once you get it.

Yes, if the car did not bottom while passing through potholes, it means the car has higher GC. You can check this out by comparing Punto 2012 with an old Punto. The Punto 2012 will be higher.
  3. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Congrats and all the best... It tough to wait for the car after u have paid the money.. ;)
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Jai ShriRam....welcome to the forum and congratulations :)
  5. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Thanks to all for the support and comments !! Please throw in some views/advices/comments in completing the PDI.

Gurinder sir, If you have some time please provide us some highlights for the newly booked car . Thanks a lot in advance.
  6. drarvindc

Welcome Sriram,

I happened to look around the Punto 2012 and there is increased GC. I could feel the difference by checking the car bottom. Springs on the rear wheels seems to be at the same height from the ground.. but rest all seems to be up and high.

I do have few links about the PDI in my ownership thread, you can check them for reference : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3...to-90-hp-10-500-kms-review-pics-included.html

Best of Luck!
  7. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

happened to see the post, Brilliant and very informative. I will touch base with you if i have more queries after i am done with the homework. I was told the current lot sports Good Year for all four wheels, Is your's Good Year too?
  8. Hi sriram,

Welcome and congrats for ur new car.

I have also booked the car, same colour, last month and will be getting it tomorrow.

Do a thorough PDI as soon as the car arrives in the stockyard

Take a printout of the PDI checklist available in TFI. It will be of great help.
    Take a friend along with u.

Happy puntoing..

Btw, through which dealer u have booked the car?
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  9. Congrats Welcome to TFI and Punto Club. Dont forget to take the printout of the PDI Checklist. I will also try to accompany you for the PDI if I am not held up with other work.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Sriram.

Can you provide us with your location and the dealer whom you booked your car?