1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked a Tjet....need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Volt, Oct 17, 2013.

1. fiatlineatjet

fiatlineatjet

India
    I guess emotion is the way to go :)..And color white?

- - - Merged Post - - -

ABS - Not my cup of tea...I dont trust electronics. I am just happy with "engine brakes". For a car that exceeds 200BHP ABS, slip differentials etc makes sense for me. Otherwise lighter alloys and some good rubber + little bit of driving skill is better than so called electronics (only thing I admire is an automatic transmission thats cleverer than any racing driver on earth).
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    IMO ABS is must and should be made mandatory in all variants in India. This will save lot of lives. ABS is mainly for panic braking and best of the best drivers push the brake in panic/emergency situation. Majority doesn't even know ABS and how it works forget about replicating the effect :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    +1 to mchanna. Good rubber does help but ABS makes a huge difference.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Strange since Fiat Linea is flooded with electronics. Having ABS is always better and that has been proved in many a threads in this forums and others too. Engine brakes dont neccesarily mean a safe stopping, you never know when you brakes might fail.
    1 person likes this.
  5. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    While reverse parking sensor would be really useful you can avoid it if you particular about the looks. I did not get it installed as the sensors were not available in tuscan wine color and later I got used to car so didn't need them. You should go for it if you are not very particular about your looks of the car.
  6. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    Thanks a ton, rsinfo, Parantap, Flywheel, C_S, limraj, rudresh, ghodlur, amit1agarwal for helping me out. Will retain the sensors.

@fiatlineatjet, congratulations for getting the car. I was in the same dilemma regarding the variant. The Active price was tempting, but I did not want to compromise on safety so wanted the airbags also. That meant the Dynamic, but then for a small incremental, the features in the Emotion are well worth it. Also, I would agree with @mchanna that ABS must be made mandatory on all cars in India. This is one system that can save lives.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Volt on booking Linea T-Jet.Parking sensors are important since Linea's high boot lid hinders rear view than Punto to some extent.It depends on dealer's fitment quality how they fit parking sensors.If you are going to get them fixd plz get them in body colour of your car.Btw,which colour have you booked?
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Volt, They will do a gud job and be relaxed and enzoi the Jet in Mumbai.
    Be more knowledgeable that the dealer, so that they dont mess with you.
  9. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    Dear Team

Went for the PDI yesterday. When I saw her for the first time, there was this instant connection.
    IMG_1797.jpg
    I had the 'you somehow know this is the one for you' feeling. I had carried the Team Fiat checklist and went through the itemized list one by one, except for the test drive, but to be frank, I was a bit overwhelmed.

Now the wait for the bank formalities and delivery starts.

@Tony thanks, I will keep what you said in mind!

Volt
    1 person likes this.