1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked a Tjet....need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Volt, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Volt

Volt Novizio

Dear Team

I have booked a Tjet Emotion with Torrid Motors Mumbai on Dusshera day. Will be going for the PDI on saturday to their Vasai stockyard. I have opted for reverse parking sensors to be fitted. I need your suggestions as to whether these are really necessary? I dont see too many Lineas with parking sensors fitted and would it be worth going in for them. To be frank this is not from a monetary perspective but I am worried whether the installation will be clean and what it will do to the looks! My apologies if I sound a little kiddish, but as passionate Fiatians I am sure you will understand.

2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    No need to worry about the reverse parking sensors. I got mine from the showroom itself & they did a pretty good job.

Just enjoy.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations ! While reverse sensors are very handy , the other 5 gears in the TJet win hands down over reverse ;)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

The reverse parking sensors should be pretty helpfull. Don't worry too much about the installation they should be able to do a proper job of it.

Got mine done at the showroom as well.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  5. fiatlineatjet

I am also trying to buy the T-Jet, but I am so confused about the active,dynamic and emotion trims! I am currently using a Maruti Swift Petrol and the dealer offered 2.75L with all accessories it has except the ICE (which alone costed me over 1.5L). Additional discount of 1L and a 5K corporate discount (Sums up to 3.8L deduction from the onroad price of T-Jet).

Now variants:
    emotion: 10.17L
    dynamic 9.74L
    active 8.80L
    all on road price in kerala.

Now whats the best buy..(I dont fancy the Blue & Me)....Also regarding color, I have been using black cars all the time and this time I need a change..A white?
  6. C_S

C_S Amatore

I recently bought the Tjet emotion and got the sensors fitted in the showroom. They have done a good job and it is very helpful, especially if the previous car used is a hatch. I found the sensors very helpful while reversing especially when it is dark. Hope this helps..

- - - Merged Post - - -

My vote would be for the emotion, for the goodies it offers at that price, unless you are on a tight budget. I think the extra price we pay is worth for the additional comforts we get.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Also the safety features.
    If you plan to keep the 1.5L ICE, there lies the confusion.
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Reverse Parking sensor is worth going for Linea, I find them immensely handy even on my Punto. Gives a peace of mind while reversing.
  9. fiatlineatjet

No, I dont plan to retain the ICE. I am planning to sell it separately.

JVC AVX 800 HU
    Infinity Kappa 60.9cs front components
    Infinity Reference rear components,
    Rockford Fosgate 400W RMS 4 Channel Amp (Powering components).
    Digital Design 1500 series Subwoofer with enclosure (600 W Continuous power at 2Ohms)
    Digital Design mono amp (CM 600 = 600WRMS)

Also I had downsized wheels and tyres of existing car from 205/50/R16 to 205/55/R15 just few months back with All Yokohama S-Drives, which I plan to sell (coz thats not gonna add value for my existing car at the time of exchange)
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulations Volt and fiatlineatjet on the buy.

Volt - Rear sensors are a good buy and neccessary if you are into tight parking spots too often, I think you should go for it. get them installed from Fiat dealer itself and you wont have to worry about the wararnty part.

fiatlineatjet - If the moolah is an issue, then opt for the dynamic which has got the basic ABS safety.