1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Booked a Punto Emotion MJD - Now dithering on color choice

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by hirenmistry, Feb 18, 2012.

1. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Thanks buddy! So do I :)

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Damn! The PDI is postponed to tomorrow and delivery sometime next week.
    Just what I did not need. :(
  2. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Could not do a PRI today as it was very late by the time I reached the yard.
    Felt so nice to see the car in flesh, the tires are Goodyear GT3 with manufacturing date 5111.

The engine number and VIN also matches. Will take a TD tomorrow and a detailed check.

Regards
  3. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Hello guys,
    Did a PDI today at the dealers yard yesterday. Everything seems to be in order. Am now in love with this Tuscon Wine color.
    The car has under 40 KMS on the clock, no scratches or signs of anything amiss. The tires are round black one's :D, jokes aside the're Goodyear GT3 manufactured in the 51st week of 2011 (5111). Moreover all are from the same lot.

Unfortunately I could not drive the car as the car was still not registered plus no presence of showroom staff.
    But I did manage to spend ample time in the car, checked all electrical items, switches, seats et al. Also

Then went to the showroom to make the balance payment, bank will be handing over the DD to the dealer before 9:30AM.
    I have requested the dealer to deliver the car on Tuesday evening albeit with temporary registration as some inauspicious days start from Wednesday and continue till 8th March.
    Hope the dealer agrees with this request. Have also asked the dealer not to install the sun film or do the teflon coating, instead asked to compensate by doing the underbody rust proofing.

I will now open a new thread in the ownership section once I get my my car. In the meantime here are some of the pics I managed to take, hope you like them.

DSC_3683_resize.jpg

DSC_3681_resize.jpg

DSC_3680_resize.jpg

DSC_3687_resize.jpg

DSC_3688_resize.jpg

DSC_3684_resize.jpg

DSC_3682_resize.jpg

DSC_3685_resize.jpg

DSC_3679_resize.jpg

Cheers
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and happy miles with the Wine..
    1 person likes this.
  5. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Thanks a lot Tony!

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I'm sure this might be answered elsewhere on the forum, the instant and average fuel consumption figures are displayed in ltrs/100 kms.
    Is it possible to convert this to plain and simple kmpl?

If yes can you please guide me through it
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I thought you booked an Oceanic Blue. What happened?
  7. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    That makes the two of us. :rolleyes:
    Well they did not have one in stock and as per the dealer Fiat did not making many cars this month (hogwash, I know).
    Also that this color was readily available, so went for it.

Trust Fiat to take all the joy out of owning a new car of your choice and color.
    1 person likes this.
  8. maverick

maverick Amatore

You should insist on the color, the same thing happened to me an year back when I booked my ER Punto. Showroom said ER is not being made. Just wrote a complaint at Fiats site and I got my ER Punto in 20 days time.

Sent from my iPhone